Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Game and Hack Support

Game and Hack Support Come here for help with any of the XNA based Zune Games or for help with any of the Hacks or zTools.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
kfurzland
Zewbie

kfurzland is on a distinguished road
Default HELP! Flashing ZUNE Logo

Ok, I bought a working 30gig zune and a 60 hard drive. I followed the guide and tried installing it but when I try to turn on my zune nothing happens, I get a blank screen. When I plug the USB in, I get the flashing zune logo.

Same thing when I plug the 30 gig hard drive back in.

Help!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
LedZepp
Experienced Member

LedZepp has a spectacular aura aboutLedZepp has a spectacular aura about

You might have broken the zif connector (the wire that connects to the hdd) or its not in all the way, so push it in all the way and flip the little switch to lock it in place.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
kfurzland
Zewbie

Well I double checked the connection and it is solid... and the little black lever is closed. So I assume I somehow messed up the zif cable.. I bought a new one on RapidRepair, along with a new battery *The extra life one*.

I assume that this is the problem, because it dosen't work with either of my hard drives.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
LedZepp
Experienced Member

LedZepp has a spectacular aura aboutLedZepp has a spectacular aura about

The hard part will be putting in the new one without braking anything else. Be VERY careful when you replace it, ive had the D-Pad's cable break when i did it. Also when you do it, your going to have to take the whole Motherboard out, and when it comes out the buttons can get dislocated and its kinda tricky to put them back in the right place if youve never done it before. Other than that good luck!

Old 09-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
kfurzland
Zewbie

Ok so I replaced the ZIF cable with a brand new one, and now whenever I plug it into the computer it just shows the zune logo.. dosent flash, but it shows it. Still dosen't turn on otherwise. Maybe its the battery, I'm waiting for it to be delivered.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
camsopaint
Zewbie

camsopaint is on a distinguished road

The exact same thing happened to me when i bought 2 zunes, see what i did was i bought two broken zunes and combined theme to make 1 working zune which worked great but right after i finished putting all of it back togather it wouldnt turn on and one of the things i had replaced was the battery, so i hadnt dropped it nor was anything broken all tht i think the matter is was that the battery was dead so i plugged it into my computer and let it flash for 2 hours which i was told would also charge it. and now im sitting here waiting to see if it will fix the problem. and i know that nothing is broken because it was just working perfectly, which probably drained the small amount of juice this new battery probably had, and now its flashing, so i will re-post once i figure out if this fixes the problem or not.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
kanebix
Zuner

kanebix is on a distinguished road

If you cant fix it, then you're screwed. I think taking it apart and installing an extra hard-drive voids the warranty.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
CameleonMK
ShakableParrot
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

CameleonMK has a spectacular aura aboutCameleonMK has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CameleonMK

Yes it does. Opening the zune period does.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
bulldog501
Zewbie

bulldog501 is on a distinguished road
Default Hey did you figure this out?

Hey I'm having the same problem, I didnt really upgrade any thing, I had to replace the screen last week, but I wasnt paying attention and put it back together with a bunch of dust on the inside of the screen, it was driving me crazy so I took it appart, cleaned it out put it back together and it wasnt working. The first replacement screen I received was broken, and I didnt realize this untill I had it all the way back together, so I have taken it appart many times by now without any other problems, would really appreciate if you could post wether what you did worked our not.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
wyckedcombo17
Experienced Member

wyckedcombo17 will become famous soon enough

is it flashing evenly at like on 1 second off 1 second or is it random? if its random its a flaky connection, if its even, im thinking its some sort of actual error

Old 08-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #11
perezajorge
Zewbie

perezajorge is on a distinguished road

to mine happens exactly the same, but I believe it is the battery because when I plug the Zune to the AC adapter it works perfectly, the only problem is that the Battery charge logo apears yellow (not green, not with the exclamation mark, nor the "charging" lightning icon) and the moment I unplug it it goes off. so i believe that the battery it is.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
5iN
Zewbie

5iN is on a distinguished road

I've seen this issue, and caused it, first hand.

What you're seeing is a mother board failure. Typically caused by touching the exposed control pad while it was attached the the mother board while the board was getting power. There's no way to fix it besides swapping the board or finding someone with a several hundred thousand dollar machine to repair it. Even then, that might not work.

If you need parts, or a company that does Zune repairs, let me know and I'd be happy to send you a link.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #13
perezajorge
Zewbie

perezajorge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5iN View Post
I've seen this issue, and caused it, first hand.

What you're seeing is a mother board failure. Typically caused by touching the exposed control pad while it was attached the the mother board while the board was getting power
but then, why doesn't it happen when connected to the AC wall adapter?

P.D: thanks in advance.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #14
saline
Senior Zuner

saline has a spectacular aura aboutsaline has a spectacular aura about

IT knows you have sinned against it. It will not accept its old harddrive now. You've created a bastard Zune, forever cursed to flash the Zune logo, never again to caress your ears with beautiful sounds.

Closed Thread