Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Xbox

Xbox All things Xbox here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
zune360
Zuner

zune360 is on a distinguished road
Default Play Movies on Xbox 360

Now I've known this "trick" for a while and finally decided to put it up here for all the 360 newbies because most experienced 360 owners probably already now this.

Alright this little "guide" will show you how to play movies on your 360. The main things that your gonna need are:

1: Xbox 360
2: Blank CD/DVD
3: CD/DVD Writer

CD
Alright what you can do if you only have a CD writer is put in the blank CD in your Computers CD writing Drive. Then open "My Computer" then open the blank CD. Then Just drag the (wmv) video to the disc and let it write. Then put it in your 360 and go to the media blade, click video, then click on the CD then just click on whichever video file.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-28-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Dragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of light

Or, you could use the Zune/WMP11 to stream it... like I do. It's much more conveniant, and it's nice to not use my DVDs all the time.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
zune360
Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragod View Post
Or, you could use the Zune/WMP11 to stream it... like I do. It's much more conveniant, and it's nice to not use my DVDs all the time.
yea but when you stream ur zune it distorts the video and expands the pixels

Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Dragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of light

No, I mean stream from your computer. both the Zune software and Windows Media Player 11 have streaming capabilities. So, you can choose to send movies, pics and music from your computer. So, as long as both the 360 and the computer are on the same highspeed network, you can play music and videos without using hard drive space. I do it all the time, it's almost worth buying a 360 just for the capabilities. AppleTV does the same thing, but worse.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
zune360
Zuner

Quote:
No, I mean stream from your computer. both the Zune software and Windows Media Player 11 have streaming capabilities. So, you can choose to send movies, pics and music from your computer. So, as long as both the 360 and the computer are on the same highspeed network, you can play music and videos without using hard drive space. I do it all the time, it's almost worth buying a 360 just for the capabilities. AppleTV does the same thing, but worse.
hey ive never been able to do this, can you pm or post the step-by-step instructions to me

Old 08-29-2007, 04:12 AM   #6
dead jim
Experienced Zuner

dead jim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to dead jim

Quote:
this was one of the main reasons i decided to shell out the money for a 360. the only thing that is frustrating is that there's no divx support. that's lame. but this functionality is great.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
Dizzy
Joe the Plumber
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Dizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Dizzy

I just encode all my movies to high quality mp4's and enjoy the new support for the codec.

Closed Thread