Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Tech. Talk

Tech. Talk Talk about your favorite technology.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #41
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

yensed is a jewel in the roughyensed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to yensed

Off topic, I know.. But 8GB iPhone only $399! ZOMG! Thats Major! Sure, still really low storage for Video, Pics, Music etc. But way cheaper then before.

Last edited by yensed; 09-05-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #42
Jesus
Zune Freak

Jesus has a spectacular aura aboutJesus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Jesus Send a message via AIM to Jesus Send a message via MSN to Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus Send a message via Skype™ to Jesus

it does not have phone capability i dont think

Old 09-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #43
ACE
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

ACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to ACE
Cool

K so here's the low down:

This is the iPod Classic. It comes in new all-metal casing, new OS, 80GB and 160Gb storage ranges, and that's about it. 80Gb will cost $249 and the 160 GB $349. The 80Gb will have 30 hours of audio/6 hours video, and the 160Gb will have 40 hours audio/7hours video...not too impressive. Next:

The iPod Touch. Not extremely impressed with this one either. It's got the great iPhone UI and screen, but other than that, it's storage sucks (8Gb for $299, or 16Gb for $399), you only get 22 hours audio/5 hours video. Oh, it does have wi-fi, but no sharing. You'll be able to buy iTunes songs wirelessly...that is, if you can still afford them....and finally...

The new iPod nano. The leaked pics ended up being dead on, except the colors. It only comes in one color for each storage range. Silver for the 4Gb ($149) and mutil-colored or rainbow colored for the 8Gb ($199). 24 hours audio and 5 hours video is what you'll get...

That's it? All that hype and that's it? No digital radio? No wireless sharing? Lots of money for not so much stuff??? Zune has got a chance here guys....

Old 09-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #44
Gregory
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Gregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of light

I dont find the ipod touch that great at all, with a pocket pc you can download music from places like minorcrisis.net for free. I am Sure apple has blocked out downloads. Also they fail to mention what the battery life is web browsing.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #45
wetworker
- PIXEL PUSHER -
Premium Member

wetworker is on a distinguished road

lol, apple rapes again, the prices are crazy.
and seriously touch screen for an mp3 player I’m not sure about that.
One of the reasons I love the zune controls are because it’s not touch sensitive, I can navigate with the thickest glove in or out of my pocket , when using it in the middle of winter man the time I spent playing with my gloves when I had my iPod kind of killed the experience, so just imaging with touch screen, sure they are nice eye candy but some things are best with buttons.

16Gig for 300.00 and that’s American vs $249 for 160 Gig
… sticking to the zune.

Last edited by wetworker; 09-05-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #46
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Dragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of light

Zune could just add everything Apple just touched... and we don't have to buy a whole new device. Just wait till it becomes a wireless guest sync type sharing thing, then people will start buying it. Then there will be a WiFi store. Bam. Everything the iPod just added, no upgrade required.
Plus, it's not from Apple, so that makes it worth it right there.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #47
G@B0
Zuner

G@B0 has disabled reputation

New ipods are not impressive. The classic is the same as older versions but does have 80gb for an affordable price. Im sure apple fanboys will have it for massive storage.
Nano sucks.
Ipod touch has lower capacity but does have wifi and Safari browser. Im sure a lot of people will buy it for this.
If M$ doesn't make a browser or something good in the next firmware , I'll buy the ipod touch not for having touchscreen (sucky thing) but for having a safari browser that would be helpfull to search web pages on the university in a hurry.

MEh. Maybe not. Maybe i'll buy the Open MOKO.
M$ and Apple sucks.
But in this moment Apple M$ sucks a little more.
XD.
It just my opinion.
I'll never buy a M$ media player again.
I learned my lesson. Stick to linux.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #48
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Dragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of light

Using "M$" doesn't make you look cute. It makes you look like an idiot. People should just stop using it. It kind of reminds me of little 7 year olds calling people names by using their names, like "Angelica Smellica". It's just stupid.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #49
CameleonMK
ShakableParrot
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

CameleonMK has a spectacular aura aboutCameleonMK has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CameleonMK

I'd get that 160GB ipod before I get that iphone touch. Maybe, depends on if I feel it's really worth it for the internet.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #50
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

The iPod touch is almost exactly what I wanted. I wanted an iPhone, Minus the phone. I wanted to be able to browse the web over WiFi, Which it seems to do very nicely. I wanted good battery life, Which (for me) it does. I wanted it to use the same OS and UI as the iPhone, Which looks great, has good functionality and a large hack community. I wanted the same(Or close to) form factor as the iPhone, Which it does(Damn its Schmecksi). I was never into the idea of buying music wirelessly from itunes. I figured it would be "Messy" to take the song(s) you purchased through the iPod and store them on the computer. But now after seeing it in action and how it works, I really think its cool. I would use it.. And best of all, I can't count how many times I've been in-line at starbucks and thinking to myself "This song is so awesome! If only I could view the starbucks playlist and download it right now! "(/joke)... Good stuff aside, I am really dissappointed by the small amount of memory, Especially for the price. And I don't like the headphone jack being on the bottom of the device. If nothing better comes along, I'm going to save up and buy the 16GB version, But I'm not in any big rush... Come on Zune 2.0, Beat that.

As for the iPodC and Nano, I think they both look awesome and have good updates. The iPodC is perfect for anyone with lots of Music who just wants a music player. I still think the screen is too small to watch video on for most people.. The nano is still thin and light. But its going to be tough holding back laughter if I see someone trying to watch video on it.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #51
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Meh. Touchscreens are overrated. And 16gb isn't enough. And, it's made by Apple. I won't be buying one. Ever.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #52
CameleonMK
ShakableParrot
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

CameleonMK has a spectacular aura aboutCameleonMK has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CameleonMK

Touch screens are kool.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #53
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameleonMK View Post
Touch screens are kool.
I agree.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #54
Mrtacobell

Mrtacobell is on a distinguished road

Yeah, touchscreens are hella cool but then the price for the storage is way to pricey. But now that the zune is down to 200.00 U.S. dollars, people will think if they should get a 8gb touchscreen ipod or 30gb media player.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #55
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtacobell View Post
Yeah, touchscreens are hella cool but then the price for the storage is way to pricey. But now that the zune is down to 200.00 U.S. dollars, people will think if they should get a 8gb touchscreen ipod or 30gb media player.
Or go for the middle option (80GB iPod).

Old 09-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #56
revolver183

revolver183 is on a distinguished road

shouldn't the touch screen be cheaper which one is more expensive the touch screen or the HDD capacity?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #57
thefadednight
Experienced Zuner

thefadednight is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to thefadednight

wireless internets

microsoft had this in the bag, why didnt they release it earlier...

seriously, if they had worked on the zune this IPod wouldnt of even came into existence.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #58
Stuart
Graduate Zuner

Stuart will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefadednight View Post
wireless internets

microsoft had this in the bag, why didnt they release it earlier...

seriously, if they had worked on the zune this IPod wouldnt of even came into existence.
if they react fast enough they could still save themselves but so far microsoft havent been very reliable on timing

Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #59
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

Well this is kinda cool. Supposedly the internals of the iPodT are so similar to the iPhones, the iPodT actually has a Bluetooth chip. Its just not activated to do anything.. Link

Old 09-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #60
mistailya
Squirt

mistailya is on a distinguished road

ya the touch is awesome, but the nano looks like a chode

Closed Thread