Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Tech. Talk

Tech. Talk Talk about your favorite technology.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
jazzairwaves
Zewbie

jazzairwaves is on a distinguished road
Default Can't Burn CD

I haven't used Zune's Burn CD feature in a while, but recently, after purchasing a CD from the Marketplace, when I attempted to burn a CD, the Zune software would not recognize a blank CD.

I did recently install Roxio Easy Media Creator 9, which may have caused a conflict with my system (Windows XP). Even after installing Roxio though, I was still able to burn other CDs using Windows or Roxio.

However, only when I tried to burn a CD using Zune did I begin experiencing a new problem: My blank CD won't eject when press the Eject button! Now I have to manually eject the blank CD by sticking a paperclip in the drive's reset hole!!! Grrrrr!!!

Anyone else experiencing this problem???

Jazzairwaves

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future

Odd, the ejection problem is odd. Are you sure your drivers are up to date?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
jazzairwaves
Zewbie

jazzairwaves is on a distinguished road

Nurta,

Recently, couple weeks after installing Roxio, I had to reinstall Zune software to get it to recognize my Zune player. A couple days later, it wouldn't recognize my player again, so I totally resync'ed my player ... what a pain, but I got my Zune system talking again. Then today when I tried to burn a CD I just bought, no go on Zune's Burn CD function.

So I backtracked and tested my Roxio burn capability. Waddaya know? Roxio burned the Zune songs I bought (WMV files) to an audio CD. Although it warned some of the content was protected by DRM, Roxio was able to burn the audio CD which plays in a CD player just fine.

If that's all it takes, I can forget about the Zune burner and go with what works.

jazzairwaves

Closed Thread