zHD Help with the Zune HD.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
jeffsyang
Experienced Zuner

jeffsyang is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jeffsyang
Exclamation Quick Zune HD Question

well, I own a zune hd, but am very curious as to what microsoft is doing. I follow engadget, the verge, and a few other tech sites and have read differing statements saying that they are stopping with the zune hardware or they are still working on zune devices and am very confused as to what their stance is. Do any of you have any new information on this topic? although I am satisfied and enjoy the zune hd as it is now, I really do think there are parts that can be improved and am just wondering as to whether MS will update its firmware or not.

btw, for the fb app (v1.4), does it look the same as its previous versions or is it supposed to look like the screenshots in the app marketplace of the zune software?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

It doesn't look clear because it's not clear. For about a week or so Microsoft couldn't make up their minds about it and killed it and revived it a couple times. For now it doesn't seem they've truly cut the line, and it is showing up in even future products, but it's a good bet there won't be new Zune hardware. Microsoft is focusing on the spiritual successor in WP7 now; it's basically the Zune HD plus everything else it needed to compete in an Apple-born market.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

Zune devices are done... wp7 phones are the new hardware. The services have been expanding, though now there are rumors it will be rebranded somehow and that new arrangments are being negotiated with the record labels. The rumors are that the service will change to mimic spotify in some way... Yikes... who knows?

Closed Thread