Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > zHD

zHD Help with the Zune HD.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
sonicboom4567
Zewbie

sonicboom4567 is on a distinguished road
Default Zune in Apx format

My Zune HD turned off on its own and it wont turn back on. It had a full battery. I have used the support articles and user submitted tips but nothing is working. My warranty is out. I do not have a 119 dollars to send it in to get it fixed. i need help please. I reformatted it using the Zune software. I reformatted it because my Zune froze and than went in to recovery mode. when it came out of recovery mode it said i only had 6.92 gigs of free space out of 16 even though it had nothing on it. The reserved space was set at zero. in the middle of reformatting it froze and stopped. so i tried to reformat it again and it shut off and won't come back on. I did everything the support articles said but it does not turn on. As i said i have no warranty and don't have the money to get it fixed. So this is a last ditch effort to save my zune because i really like this product.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2

The name of your post is not that helpful.

You have attempted a firmware reset I assume? If not do that. This forum has tutorials on doing that. It is possible that the firmware is corrupt from being interrupted during a reformat.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by runewake2 View Post
The name of your post is not that helpful.

You have attempted a firmware reset I assume? If not do that. This forum has tutorials on doing that. It is possible that the firmware is corrupt from being interrupted during a reformat.
To perform a firmware reset simply press and hold the power and media buttons for about 15 seconds. After this you will need to sync with your pc. If this doesn't work then the next step would be to reformat your zune, which also removes everything stored on your Zune. To reformat restart your Zune, and while it reboot hold the home and media buttons at the same time

Last edited by boohbah11; 01-26-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
majorburt
Jr. Zuner

majorburt is on a distinguished road

had this happen to me a couple times, try a hard reset. if that doesn't work than set it somewhere and don't touch it for a day, then press power and it should start up.

and no, i don't know why that works but it worked both times that it did that to me.

Closed Thread