Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications

Zune Games and Applications Discuss, request, share, and download Zune Games here. Having troubles with Zune Games? No problem, we can help.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
tnap

Default For all Zune SD Users

I've recently begun to work with XNA 3.0 again, and I have made a couple useless apps (think games like Breakout or Pong). I honestly forgot how much fun this could be.

My question is, for all you SD Zune users (4, 8, 16, 80, 120, etc.) would you be interested in some new games for your players? I'm no DinoGames, but I could pump out a couple things.

>>tnap

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
spectredroid
Zewbie

spectredroid is on a distinguished road

Word. For real.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

spectredroid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
tnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectredroid View Post
Word. For real.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Word, as in Microsoft Word? Can't really do that on a Zune SD.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
alyssamay
Zewbie

alyssamay is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if you could make a game like dance dance revolution (D.D.R).

alyssamay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssamay View Post
I was wondering if you could make a game like dance dance revolution (D.D.R).
I seem to remember a couple of games like that way back when I had my SD, but the major problem in both was the lag.

boohbah11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohbah11 View Post
I seem to remember a couple of games like that way back when I had my SD, but the major problem in both was the lag.
OpenZDK would be a lot faster. It's just a matter of finding someone with the skill interested in doing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Locke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
tnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
OpenZDK would be a lot faster. It's just a matter of finding someone with the skill interested in doing it.
Yeah....heh, I can program Pong. I can barely do what I do now, I couldn't even attempt OZDK.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2

My 2 cents: make something you like, not what others want. You won't get stuff done if you just make things other people want and you won't enjoy what you do finish. And more importantly start small. Pong, Tic Tac Toe, Connect 4 and similar games are great starters as they introduce you to IO, datastructures and how to improve performance. These are all important skills as performance is a big thing on Zunes.

Once you learn that, bring it up a notch and keep learning new things. Also, if you are using XNA 3 it should be relatively easy to upgrade it too a a 4.0 app and get it on Windows Phone or XBox. If you are a student the license for Windows Phone is free and this makes it so you can actually make money doing your apps. This might not seem important or relevant, but if you are spending your time making the app you want to bring in money or you will soon be forced to abandon the practice altogether for lack of money.

runewake2 is offline   Reply With Quote