Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future
Default Microsoft aims to sell 100 million Windows Phone 7 devices in 2012

The Nokia Lumia 800, the most popular Nokia phone in terms of sale ever, has sold around 700,000 devices in a week. It's the most popular Windows Phone 7. That's pretty impressive. But when compared to the iPhone, its main competitor, it's not impressive at all.

Apparently word has spread that Microsoft's internal goal is to sell around 100 million Windows Phone 7 devices in 2012. This is an absurd number and amounts to 1,920,000 a week, or 273,972 a day. The iPhone, something you're probably quite used to seeing, only sold 72,900,000 so far this year (any iteration of the device). To fully grasp this goal is to understand the WP7 philosophy.
  • Manufacturers. They can price there devices to fit markets that the iPhone could never reach.
  • Requirements. Microsoft recently lowered their requirements for manufacturers so they can produce high/low end devices.
  • Connection. Being related to Windows and Xbox Live, the most popular of each entertainment section, lets users relate to Windows Phone 7.
It sounds like a lot to get by, but I understand why Microsoft has set such a high benchmark. However, I really doubt this number will be attained unless more manufacturers come aboard, or there is some serious price slashing when it comes to the lower end devices. Either way, let's hope Windows Phone 7 makes a dent in the grasps that Android and Apple have, be it a small one.

[wmpoweruser.com]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
SilentWalrus
Knowledgable Walrus
Support Team
Expert Zuner

SilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to behold

If Nokia gets involved in the US, I think they can do it.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalrus View Post
If Nokia gets involved in the US, I think they can do it.
Nokia will be releasing the 710/800 and the high-end device that's rumoured sometime in the first quarter of 2012. That's a definite.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
Arfey McFeeshy
Experienced Zuner

Arfey McFeeshy is on a distinguished road

Windows Phone isn't too different than the iPhone. It's main advantages are the UI and the better integrated social feature. iPhone has the apps and the fan base, but an annoying interface IMO.

If they want more people to get their phones they need something more different. I think it'd be great if their firmware was more customizable. Customizable in a sense you don't have to know the programming and have special software to change anything. This is a big perk Android has on the phone market.

Closed Thread