Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > Gen 1/Gen 2

Gen 1/Gen 2 For help with every zune except the Zune HD. Zune 4, 8, 16, 30, 80, 120 issues go here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Emanuel
Zewbie

Emanuel is on a distinguished road
Default "This item is missing or can't be played"

I've had a Zune 120 for about three years now. I've never had a problem with it until now. Everytime I try to play music,videos, or pictures it says "this item is missing or can't be played". The music wont sync to or from computer. I dont know what to do. Please help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuel View Post
I've had a Zune 120 for about three years now. I've never had a problem with it until now. Everytime I try to play music,videos, or pictures it says "this item is missing or can't be played". The music wont sync to or from computer. I dont know what to do. Please help!
You most likely have had a disk drive head crash. If you drop it, or run with it, or hit a pothole at the wrong time using it in the car, this can happen. The drive head literally crashes into the disk drive, and damages data. If it happens to the directory, you lose all content potentially. (It's there, but with no directory, the processor has no idea what it is, or where...)
Solution is to go into the zune software with it connected, and in settings, erase all. you get a reformatted drive when this happens. Then re-sync. It will work (and you are fine) or fail (means it wasn't just a head crash... your drive has actually failed.)

Closed Thread