Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood KIV-BT901 Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

and i noticed that is lists this:

<LI class=list-heading>Expandability:

iPod direct control with optional KCA-IP202 cable
Zune control and charging
compatible with Kenwood's satellite radio and HD Radioâ„¢ tuner
inputs: rear USB and A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)

anyone have this system or know anything more about it. I spoke with a guy from Crutchfield and he didn't know what kind of "control" was available.

Aside from this, are there other car stereos that have the functionality to browse the library?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
KTG915
Zuner

KTG915 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KTG915

Well, the Zune HD picks up and can play HD radio stations... So I'm guessing this is the type of control they're talking about... That and the idea that you can play songs and what not off of the Zune.

Also, fail to whoever you talked to. He should know his crap... then again, he's most likely someone who just sits at home all day and reads threads over technology and writes replies...

Oh wait...

Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
SilentWalrus
Knowledgable Walrus
Support Team
Expert Zuner

SilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to behold

It's VERY doubtful that it supports the Zune through the actual head unit.
You could ask another person or even contact the manufacturer, but I sincerely doubt it.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
ade333
Zewbie

ade333 is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to share some more info... If you go to the page I liinked, you will see the zune logo in an icon near the top that says designed for Zune.

If you click on it, you get a popup with the following text:

"This product is certified for Microsoft Zune via USB. Once connected, music files on the Zune can be searched and acessed using the receivers' controls. Zune support does not include support for video file playback."

Very interesting....

Old 07-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
kamizuki
Zewbie

kamizuki is on a distinguished road

i clicked on reviews on that site and saw this

Great Multimedia Heat Unit
Written By Jesse, SanDiego, CA on Thursday, June 30, 2011

Well my 1993 BMW 740i's Alpine head unit was in need of retirement as it didn't like to receive CD's anymore, Both myself and my wife both have MP3 players me being a Zune and my wife an Ipod touch. Once I plugged in my Zune it recognized it right away through the available USB port and I was able to store the Zune securely in the glove compartment and not have to worry about it sitting out in the sun or for some sticky fingers to steal it. The sound clarity is much nicer then the old Alpine and being able to tune the speakers for the car size and location in the car makes it that much nicer. Having the ability to take control of my phone is a plus as well and the clarity from the Mic is great as well. I am going to definitely consider adding one of these to my GTi in the future. I highly recommend this to anyone with a massive digital music collection and does not have a need for a "CD Player" any longer. "

Seems like it does recognize the Zune through the actual head unit, according this this review anyways

Closed Thread