Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Console and PC Gaming

Console and PC Gaming Xbox, Playstation, PC gaming, everything of that sort should be in here.

View Poll Results: 3DS or Vita?
3DS 3 10.34%
Vita 15 51.72%
Both 4 13.79%
Neither 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend
Default 3DS or Vita?

Which one will you putting money into?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

Why would I spend $250 on a 3DS when I can get a Vita for the same price and it is a highly superior product? PS Vita all the way. The only thing that interests me on 3DS is the Ocarina of time remake.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Neither, but I would prefer the Vita.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

I be getting the bot.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Nelson
Zune Guardian

Nelson is just really niceNelson is just really niceNelson is just really nice

Bot? ill go with bot

Old 06-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Legend
Zune Freak

Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Bot = Both*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

probably the vita but its been years since i owned a handheld game system

Old 06-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

If I get one it'll be the 3DS, but I won't be getting one for a while.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
Beausiph
All of Beau's hoes, wanna take a ride on Beau's hose
Retired Global
Super Zuner

Beausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Beausiph

I usually prefer Nintendo, but I think I'd have to say the Vita.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
CookieSlayer666
Experienced Zuner

CookieSlayer666 will become famous soon enough

I tried the 3DS, was impressed at first but the novelty wore off. The only reason to own it is the Ocarina of Time.
I may get a Vita but probably miles down the road.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

I'll be getting the 3DS because I haven't seen a SINGLE game on the Vita worth my time/money. The 3DS has (soon): Paper Mario 3D, Super Mario 3D, the new Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, OoT 3D, and some others that I can't quite remember off the top of my head

The Vita has, that I've seen, a new Uncharted game (I've never cared for Uncharted), new LittleBigPlanet, and some other things. Put a new Jak and Daxter on it and I will CONSIDER purchasing one.

I'm all about games here, not graphics or gimmicks, so Nintendo has my money. (Also, even though I don't plan on using the 3D function very much, it's actually quite nice.)

Old 06-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
Legend
Zune Freak

I am considering both due to the fact of the games. I do not own a PS3. My current DS has horrible water damage. Get the best of both worlds.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfy View Post
I'll be getting the 3DS because I haven't seen a SINGLE game on the Vita worth my time/money. The 3DS has (soon): Paper Mario 3D, Super Mario 3D, the new Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, OoT 3D, and some others that I can't quite remember off the top of my head

The Vita has, that I've seen, a new Uncharted game (I've never cared for Uncharted), new LittleBigPlanet, and some other things. Put a new Jak and Daxter on it and I will CONSIDER purchasing one.

I'm all about games here, not graphics or gimmicks, so Nintendo has my money. (Also, even though I don't plan on using the 3D function very much, it's actually quite nice.)
It's great to care about the games, but $250 for **** hardware is just robbery. I won't support a company who is trying to rip off its customers. I would like to see some stronger games for the PS Vita though. Uncharted, Killzone, and LBP are great, but they need more games.

Last edited by Alex; 06-16-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

The Vita looks nice and I like it, but there aren't many games I'd want for it just yet. Uncharted doesn't have me fangasming because I've never played the others. I only own a few games for my PSP (mainly because I don't have the money), and I have a ****ton for my DS. The 3DS has a few more games I want, but I'm not really in the handheld game craze. So if I got money I'd get both and then just get what I want if/when they come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's great to care about the games, but $250 for **** hardware is just robbery. I won't support a company who is trying to rip off it's customers. I would like to see some stronger games for the PS Vita though. Uncharted, Killzone, and LBP are great, but they need more games.
Just wait until the 3DS lite comes out and problem solved

Last edited by Draklor; 06-16-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
Scott1220
Senior Zuner

Scott1220 is a jewel in the roughScott1220 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

dude i love animal crossing =)

but imma go with the Vita

Old 06-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #16
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

I don't think I'm going to get either. My DS Lite can run DS games AND GBA games and doesn't have all of these gimmicks. And, on the Vita, what games are coming out for it that really would be WORTH buying. I mean, phenomenal games that I can't play right now.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

You forgot Star Fox; I think I'm going to have to hurt you. And in using a 3DS some more (i.e. in a home environment, not bolted to a display in a store) I've found the 3D to be pretty good, actually. Use it some and you get used to it.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #18
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

You guys do know that all the PSN games are going to be on the PSV right?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's great to care about the games, but $250 for **** hardware is just robbery. I won't support a company who is trying to rip off its customers. I would like to see some stronger games for the PS Vita though. Uncharted, Killzone, and LBP are great, but they need more games.
I'm trying to wait on a price drop, but if I get a job, then the price won't bother me as much as it does right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
You guys do know that all the PSN games are going to be on the PSV right?
Look at me and tell me if I give a ****

Old 06-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #20
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

I won't be getting either right off the bat. I'll do what I always do when a new console is released. I'll wait 6-12 months, see what games are released, then make a decision. As of right now I'm more inclined to get the Vita, but the 3DS will eventually get me to buy because of LoZ OoT, Paper Mario, and Star Fox (and maybe Cave Story, but I like the original.)

Closed Thread