Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Development Discussions

Development Discussions All developers who are coding games may stop by here for any help, suggestions, and everything development related.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
SirCmpwn
Zewbie

SirCmpwn is on a distinguished road
Default Disabling Reboot

Hello,
I've been looking through the source code for several OpenZDK apps, and I stumbled across this:
Code:
void SuppressReboot()
{
  HKEY key = NULL;
  HRESULT hr = S_OK;
  DWORD value;

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
    hr = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Power\\State\\Reboot", 0, 0, &key));
  if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
    hr = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(RegSetValueEx(key, L"Flags", 0, REG_DWORD, (BYTE *)&(value = 0x10000), sizeof(DWORD)));
  if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
    hr = HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(RegSetValueEx(key, L"Default", 0, REG_DWORD, (BYTE *)&(value = 0), sizeof(DWORD)));
  if (key)
    RegCloseKey(key);
}
This appears to stop the Zune from rebooting when the game exits. Could a similar method be used to enable the playback of DRM protected music?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix

No. Once it is disabled, it can not be enabled again until the Zune is rebooted.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

enterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to all

Solved and ?

Old 06-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Solved and ?
Yeah. Nothing like that can be used to fix the DRM issue.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

enterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to all

Solved and

Closed Thread