Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Download XNA Applications

Download XNA Applications XNA Applications

Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
rewind22x
Squirt

rewind22x is on a distinguished road
Default <?> <AS> zune LDS 1.0.0.0 - Zune HD

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'd like to thank this community for all the insightful posts and ideas. I am a novice programmer, have an associates degree (from a tech school) in programming from like 2003... and then didn't program. About a year ago, I got a Zune 4G and it sparked my interest in programming again.

This app may only be of interest to the LDS crowd, but the source may be of use to others. I would like to add more features in the future but I wanted to release this now in case I don't get around to anything. Suggestions, comments would be welcome, but I'm not promising anything. That's why the source is there. Have fun, and to all the LDS kids out there looking for an excuse to bring their Zune HD's to church, here you go.

This app contains the LDS standard works, hymn book, and gospel principles. The code can be used to create yet another eBook reader.

Source http://db.tt/OWLBKHx

zune LDS CCGame http://db.tt/EampQTy

05/06/2011

Here is the Spanish version. The only thing missing is the Hymn book. I still can't find the text, so I may go ahead and type it up later.

zune SUD ccgame http://db.tt/SESKkx0

By the way, the deploy on this is sucky long. like 15 min. Lots of txt files. If anyone has any ideas on how to zip them up or something that would be great.

Also, if there is something wrong with this post, let me know...

edit: I'd also like to credit Nick Gravelyn's ZuneLib library for helping me deal with a lot of aspects of the app. Thanks Nick.

Last edited by rewind22x; 05-06-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: 20110506-added spanish version link/screens

rewind22x is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
tech.freak243
Zune Guardian

tech.freak243 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tech.freak243 Send a message via MSN to tech.freak243 Send a message via Yahoo to tech.freak243

this looks awesome, i cant wait to download it when i get home today after school! i can definitely see this going official, this has great potential

tech.freak243 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
garthbartin
Experienced Zuner

garthbartin is an unknown quantity at this point

May I ask, what exactly is LDS?

garthbartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Kaspar
Squirt

Kaspar is on a distinguished road

LDS = Latter-Day Saints (most people know them as "Mormons").

Kaspar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
Tartarus
Experienced Zuner

Tartarus has disabled reputation

I absolutely LOVE the ui on it: deploying now
could you make just an NIV version?
someone made an niv version in the crappy book reader thing but it makes it impossible to find anything, all of the txt files are there.

Tartarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
rewind22x
Squirt

Thanks! I would release a NIV version but due to copyright issues I'm a little hesitant. It would be pretty easy to add it though. Let me know if you'd like some documentation on how to add or remove items from the source.

I remember running into issues with the txt parser leaving out a word once in a while (but enought to get very annoying). I thought I fixed it but now I can't rememeber; so if anyone is still seeing this issue, please let me know and I'll take a look at it.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

An NIV version would be illegal if I recall correctly. Unless people paid for the app.

Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Tartarus
Experienced Zuner

now that the new 2010 version is out any older versions are fair game, and if i recall correctly, the other app is the 08 version.

edit: either way i have no clue how to do anything with xna as i am learning this summer once school is over.
if you were to make it you could have people pm you/me for it without putting it up for public download.

and the worst possible thing that could happen is have the copyright holder demand/request you remove it.

Last edited by Tartarus; 04-11-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
rewind22x
Squirt

I was talking about the actual NIV text, not the app. The actual text (bible) is copy righted and that's where the issue is. So we should probably avoid this issue in this thread. Sorry.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
Tartarus
Experienced Zuner

yeah i was talking about the text too, it sounded weird no that i read it.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
Haxasaurus
Squirt

Haxasaurus is on a distinguished road

Logged on just to say thanks for this. I've been so jealous of everyone with their BoM apps on their iPods!

Haxasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #12
rewind22x
Squirt

You are most welcome.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #13
Mr. Snuggle Bunny
Experienced Zuner

Mr. Snuggle Bunny is on a distinguished road

I'm not Mormon, hell I don't even conform to any religion at the moment but what you've done with the GUI is gorgeous!! I'm downloading and deploying this just to see it first hand. It's hard to overstate how professional and well polished this looks. I usually would oppose any bible app getting into the marketplace (because I know some people would complain about their religion's bible or whatever not being available and the last thing Zune needs is more bad press) but I would absolutely not mind this getting into the official Marketplace (though I doubt it will) because of how beautifully designed it is. You've done a fantastic job.

Last edited by Mr. Snuggle Bunny; 04-13-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Mr. Snuggle Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
rewind22x
Squirt

Thanks for the comments, it's really appreciated. The nice thing about the source is how easy it is to create another bible app, book, or whatever. Simply edit/add/delete the xml files in there, and drop in the backgrounds and txt files and BAM you have a Song of Ice and Fire App. There is some code that may have to be altered if you are adding more backgrounds (textures) but it's pretty simple. The most time consuming part was copy/pasting every chapter of every book into it's own txt file.

Again thanks for all the comments. I know I can clean the chapters up a little ( i started deleting the "CHAPTER ##" out of the txt file since I made it show up in the Title bar at the top) and the font is a little wack for the text, (Using calibri for now, but when I used the zegoe font, I ran into the missing words problem). So that may happen later. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks again.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
Mr. Snuggle Bunny
Experienced Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewind22x View Post
Thanks for the comments, it's really appreciated. The nice thing about the source is how easy it is to create another bible app, book, or whatever. Simply edit/add/delete the xml files in there, and drop in the backgrounds and txt files and BAM you have a Song of Ice and Fire App. There is some code that may have to be altered if you are adding more backgrounds (textures) but it's pretty simple. The most time consuming part was copy/pasting every chapter of every book into it's own txt file.

Again thanks for all the comments. I know I can clean the chapters up a little ( i started deleting the "CHAPTER ##" out of the txt file since I made it show up in the Title bar at the top) and the font is a little wack for the text, (Using calibri for now, but when I used the zegoe font, I ran into the missing words problem). So that may happen later. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks again.
The scrolling is a bit touchy. The slighest implied flick will cause the app to skip a paragraph down, or up depending on how it detected the user flicking. So far that's the only problem I've encountered with this app.

Also, what are the odds of you adding the actual music in the music section? It could be at the lowest possible bitrate to conserve capacity.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
rewind22x
Squirt

Man, that took so long to wrap my head around mentally (checking for a flick and the actual flick distance). I was pretty happy to get it where it is currently, but i agree, it needs some optimization.

I am currently pondering the idea of having the actual music and thanks for the nudge towards that. The size could pose a problem, but I think it would complete the idea of a Music section. That and the primary songs. I haven't even looked into the idea of audio controls... should be educational.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #17
Mr. Snuggle Bunny
Experienced Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewind22x View Post
Man, that took so long to wrap my head around mentally (checking for a flick and the actual flick distance). I was pretty happy to get it where it is currently, but i agree, it needs some optimization.

I am currently pondering the idea of having the actual music and thanks for the nudge towards that. The size could pose a problem, but I think it would complete the idea of a Music section. That and the primary songs. I haven't even looked into the idea of audio controls... should be educational.
Actually, scratch that. 341 songs would be quite a problem to deploy/download and take up too much space. I figure if the user wanted the songs they'd have them in their collection and simply play them back when they pleased.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #18
firered365
Zewbie

firered365 is on a distinguished road

Is there a spanish version?

firered365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #19
rewind22x
Squirt

not yet...

I am seriously considering it though. Just very time consuming. But yeah, I think it's going to happen.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
pianisto
Jr. Zuner

pianisto is on a distinguished road

I now have zero complaints about my zune's apps. Thank you very much for this!

pianisto is offline   Reply With Quote