Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > Gen 1/Gen 2

Gen 1/Gen 2 For help with every zune except the Zune HD. Zune 4, 8, 16, 30, 80, 120 issues go here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
mulatto15
Zewbie

mulatto15 is on a distinguished road
Default Zune error 3 "please wait"

I have a Zune 30gb and its stuck on a screen that has a "3" on it and says please wait in three diffrent languages on it i have tried to do the buttons to reset it but that didnt work i left it on till th battery was completly dead and pluged it back but all it does is recharge then put up the please wait again can someone please help me fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold

Isn't that the screen where it installs the firmware? Try plugging it in and having it reinstall the latest firmware.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
mulatto15
Zewbie

zune on my computer does not recognize that my zune what else could i do?

Old 03-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

What doesn't your computer recognize?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
mulatto15
Zewbie

my zune

here is a better pic please help me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAY2AWTT.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	424  

Last edited by Arfy; 03-28-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold

Broken image.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
mulatto15
Zewbie

how about the one i just put up

Old 03-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Yeah, that looks like the screen for reinstalling firmware. I don't know what you can do if your computer won't recognize your Zune.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

Try deleting and reinstalling the driver.
You can delete it by right clicking the Computer icon and selecting Manage. After that, click Device manager, then select the Zune and delete the driver from your computer then plug it back in to reinstall it.
Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, perhaps. But it doesn't look good, from some other people having this problem and it never getting fixed.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
mulatto15
Zewbie

that didnt work either dang i wish this would work i reallym iss my music

Old 03-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

From reading about this in other threads, I think your only option is to pay for repairs or buy another. Sorry.
Unless someone else comes along with a cure...

Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

I'm not entirely sure what to tell you, you can either keep trying, or send it in to Microsoft.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix

Either send it in for repairs or sell it for parts. It will not work again as it is.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:10 AM   #14
Spenk009
Squirt

Spenk009 is on a distinguished road

Hard resets as it turns on?
Battery drain --> plug in again and when it tries to boot you set it to recovery with the combination.

Closed Thread