Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Console and PC Gaming

Console and PC Gaming Xbox, Playstation, PC gaming, everything of that sort should be in here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #21
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Netrix, do you have something against Nintendo?
Nah. I think he's just making a point that they are selling an inferior product at a price that is higher than their home console, which defeats it in all ways (but the Wii ain't that great either). The 3DS should not be so expensive.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

If they give me $100 for my DSi as a bonus to get the 3DS then yes, I will grab one, only because I NEED TO GET RID OF THIS DSi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 01-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #23
Malkierian
Experienced Zuner

Malkierian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguywholoveszunehd View Post
Nah. I think he's just making a point that they are selling an inferior product at a price that is higher than their home console, which defeats it in all ways (but the Wii ain't that great either). The 3DS should not be so expensive.
^qfaft

Old 01-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #24
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

Quote:
But it's 3D 3D is really pretty dumb.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #25
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

The 3DS exceeds the Wii in some aspects... o.o

Old 01-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #26
Food
Zune Freak

Food is a glorious beacon of lightFood is a glorious beacon of lightFood is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The 3DS exceeds the Wii in some aspects... o.o
the ipod touch does too

Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #27
ExtractedDeath
Experienced Zuner

ExtractedDeath is on a distinguished road

I predict that the psp 2 will cost around $300-350. But with the higher specs, and being made by sony.. it'll be FAR more worth the money. Everything is placed at a rip off price when its new. Think about the HTC HD2 (phone). it was $800 when it came out. or the $600 PS3. I doubt Nintendo is jacking the price just for the 3D though. Japanese DS games had somewhat 3D effects to them.

I also predict that $250 will be barely anything. Considering the new consoles could come next year.. or 2 years, handheld prices will seem low compared to them. Just like every console/handheld match up so far

Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #28
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix

Quote:
Nah. I think he's just making a point that they are selling yet another inferior product at a price that is higher than it is worth.
I fixed it for you.

Just like Apple, Nintendo is selling underpowered devices for more than they are worth. They are taking advantage of their customers by overcharging for their products. The Wii's graphics capabilities are pathetic; it can not even output HD. Also, the Wii Remote uses technology that has been around for decades. The DS is even more pathetic. I was overestimating about how many triangles it could render at once. The limit is 2,048 polygons per frame. They also reduced its battery life and removed Gameboy Advance compatibility in one of the later models.

I owned a Super Nintendo and liked its games. I do not hate Nintendo; I hate what they are doing.

Quote:
The graphics are better than the PSP's current graphics.
Who told you that? The specs for the 3DS' GPU are not very promising: http://www.dmprof.com/release/leaflet_PICA200_en.pdf (15.3 million polygons per second.)

They would have to double the frequency to get a comparable polygon rate to the PSP. It might be possible, but we will have to see.

Last edited by Netrix; 01-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #29
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Creative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Creative Zune Send a message via MSN to Creative Zune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettexl View Post
What a waste of money.
QFT

Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #30
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Vettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via Skype™ to Vettexl

I'll stick with my PSP-1000 that I never use. Or my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. Or my custom built PC. Or my Xbox 360 S. You know, REAL gaming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #31
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettexl View Post
I'll stick with my PSP-1000 that I never use. Or my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. Or my custom built PC. Or my Xbox 360 S. You know, REAL gaming.
The iPod Touch is not "real gaming" as you would say.
I hate when people use the term "real gaming" As if the 3DS or whatever they are talking about is not real.

Last edited by Alex; 01-20-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #32
BlackFox
Experienced Member

BlackFox will become famous soon enough

Meh, looks cool. I'm sure some people will buy it just to play Ocarina of Time in 3D.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #33
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The iPod Touch is not "real gaming" as you would say.
I hate when people use the term "real gaming" As if the 3DS or whatever they are talking about is not real.
Um, I don't think his iPod was part of that "real gaming" bit...

Old 01-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #34
BroiledVictory
Zune Freak

BroiledVictory is a glorious beacon of lightBroiledVictory is a glorious beacon of lightBroiledVictory is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to BroiledVictory Send a message via Skype™ to BroiledVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netrix View Post
I fixed it for you.

Just like Apple, Nintendo is selling underpowered devices for more than they are worth. They are taking advantage of their customers by overcharging for their products. The Wii's graphics capabilities are pathetic; it can not even output HD. Also, the Wii Remote uses technology that has been around for decades. The DS is even more pathetic. I was overestimating about how many triangles it could render at once. The limit is 2,048 polygons per frame. They also reduced its battery life and removed Gameboy Advance compatibility in one of the later models.

I owned a Super Nintendo and liked its games. I do not hate Nintendo; I hate what they are doing.

Who told you that? The specs for the 3DS' GPU are not very promising: http://www.dmprof.com/release/leaflet_PICA200_en.pdf (15.3 million polygons per second.)

They would have to double the frequency to get a comparable polygon rate to the PSP. It might be possible, but we will have to see.
Honestly, the DS has a lot of good games, it's not all about hardware, Netrix. I do agree they are restricting themselves, and need to at least try to have HD graphics, which is sad.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #35
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroiledVictory View Post
Honestly, the DS has a lot of good games, it's not all about hardware, Netrix. I do agree they are restricting themselves, and need to at least try to have HD graphics, which is sad.
Although that is subjective, I still did not say anything about the games except the restrictions that the hardware they are using has on them. Obviously good games can be made regardless of the crappy hardware. Most of my favorite games are from when there were mostly 2D games and some 3D games. Amazing games have been made for worse hardware, so it is not really anything spectacular that the DS has some good games (or at least you say so).

The hardware does matter for the overall quality of the games that can be made. Look at quality of the graphics of God of War 3, Rage, Crysis 2, Killzone 3, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, Red Dead Redemption, or other recent/upcoming PS3 or Xbox 360 games and then tell me that they do not make the Wii's games look like crap.

Before you say "graphics are not everything", that is just a lame excuse that Nintendo uses to sell its highly-profitable franchises on its cheap hardware to millions of suckers all over the world. Here I prove my point:

Games on the following systems could have great graphics, great storylines, and great gameplay: PS3 and Xbox 360.
Games on the following system could have great storylines, and great gameplay: Wii.

A large amount of Wiis/DS' are bought by/for 'casual' gamers that are often confused by the "many buttons" on the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers and have no idea about the higher quality of graphics they could have with anything other than the Wii.

It seems like they make their hardware as crappy as they can so that they can be even lazier when making their rehashed games by not having to put as much effort into their visual quality and just making enough of a story line to get by and have people beg for more sequels.

This was longer than I was expecting. It can be moved to a new thread if this discussion is getting too off-topic.

Last edited by Netrix; 01-25-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:22 AM   #36
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

*1 year from now*
Nintendo 3DSi or 3DS Lite announced. Price set at $225, 3DS goes to $190

"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #37
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
*1 year from now*
Nintendo 3DSi or 3DS Lite announced. Price set at $225, 3DS goes to $190
Then a year later, Nintendo 3DS XL.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #38
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all

The DSi XL was extremely pointless. No one wants to sit down and "share" the gaming experience on a handheld.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #39
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

Quote:
The DSi XL was extremely pointless. No one wants to sit down and "share" the gaming experience on a handheld.
didn't it have a bigger screen or was it only bigger for no reason?

Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #40
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymasta View Post
didn't it have a bigger screen or was it only bigger for no reason?
That was the whole point of the bigger screen. So everyone could watch you play.

Closed Thread