Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
kdehaven42
Zewbie

kdehaven42 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy songs deleted and won't recognize device

Hello-- I bought my zune (1402, HD model, 3GB)) via e-bay and it arrived in perfect shape, and worked great for a week until my battery died and I kept forgetting to bring it in and charge it. (I mainly use it in my car or at work). I finally did last night and realized that somewhere between it dying, being connected and left to charge, all my music was deleted off the device. No biggie, right? I'll just re-sync... except, when I open zune, it connects, leads me to a pop up asking me to link my device (Which I have done previously, mind you) and before I can even click anything, it comes up with a new pop up saying "READ ERROR: The Zune software can't access important information on your device. Try disconnecting and reconnecting. If the problem persists, contact customer support". Many times I have disconnected and reconnected, I've restarted the computer and the device, all to no prevail. What do you think? Is it the device or the software and what can I try next??
Also of importance (potentially)-- I have a Nokia Windows Phone (Lumia 900) that I connect to my Zune software. It works for the most part, although I havent synced it lately-- just an update yesterday.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Closed Thread