XNA Lyrics (Zune version)
Version: 1.8 (March 1st, 2010)
Displays lyrics for the currently playing song on the Zune.
Zune Lyrics works with both the SD and HD versions of the Zune.
Instructions and download link can be found here.
- Uses the "lrc" file format (LRC (file format) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
- Displays lyrics if an "lrc" filename is found containing the artist and song names.
- Lyrics scroll automatically in sync with the music playing.
- Similar interface as the regular Zune music player:
- Album art display.
- Current time and time left.
- Song title and artist.
- Battery charge indicator.
- Play/Pause indicator and control.
- Volume control by sliding up or down.
- Previous/Next song using left and right.
- On the Zune SD, press up on the pad to show a guide to control the device volume, select a playlist, etc.)
If you try it, let me know what you think and give me your suggestions! (see the Future Versions section of the webpage
v.1.8 (March 1st, 2010)
- Misc changes related to special characters.
- CleanupFilenames will now trim the filenames to maximum 40 characters.
- The "[ti:
" and "[ar:
" lines are now used instead of the filename whenever available in lrc files.
- Added scrolling song title when it is too long.
- Removed the Guide.Show() method on the Zune HD since it's not necessary.
- Random mode will now stop when a playlist is selected from the Guide.
v.1.7 (March 1st, 2010)
- Added ability to show the "Guide" which allows controlling the device volume. (SD : Press up on the pad, HD : Touch the bottom of the screen)
- Fixed problem where left/right would play random songs when paused, even with a playlist.
- Added DefaultCharacter ('?') to the font to prevent further issues with unsupported characters.
v.1.6 (February 20th, 2010)
- Added a new project and executable that is used by Package.bat to replace invalid characters before packaging.
v.1.5 (February 20th, 2010)
- Fixed a bug introduced in the previous version where pressing next on a paused song (at the beginning of the song) would enter random mode, even if a list of songs was currently playing.
v.1.4 (February 16th, 2010)
- Fixed problem with random mode allowing the same song to be chosen.
- New random mode. "Right" for any song, "Left" for a song with lyrics
v.1.3 (February 13th, 2010)
- Added a deadzone for the volume control so that volume is not changed when changing song.
- If only one song is in the queue, next/previous will choose random songs.
- Pressing left after 1.5 seconds restarts the song instead of going to the previous one.
- Workaround for bug with "MoveNext()" while Paused causing the song to unload.
- Added touch buttons for the ZuneHD (previous song, pause, play, next song).
- Added touch slide to control volume on the ZuneHD.
- Added album name display for the ZuneHD.
v.1.2 (February 10th, 2010)
- Made positions relative to the screen size in order to support the ZuneHD in a future version.
- Modified the random song algorithm, simply choose a random song from the complete list.
- Album art will now always stretch/fit in the square region at the top of the screen.
v.1.1 (February 9th, 2010)
- New font (ChunkFive). However this font does not support accents.
- Added random song mode when no song is playing after launching the application.
- Moved timings so that they never go outside of the screen.
- Volume control is now in percent for smoother control.
- Added missing Game Thumbnail file.