Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
EnzoTen
Experienced Zuner

EnzoTen is on a distinguished road
Default Zune Music Marketplace on Xbox Completes the Third Screen Strategy

I have had a chance to use the new Xbox Dashboard over the last week and the new Zune Music Marketplace has been by far my favorite. Docking your Zune to the TV worked but the UI was really awkward with that tiny remote. This solves everything as far as the 10 foot Zune experience in the living room. The Zune team has done a fantastic job with this and has really rounded out the 3 screen strategy for Zune Music. I will mention that this is all streaming and cloud based, you will need a Zune Pass to take advantage of this feature on Xbox. It will not connect to your PC or Home Server. It is unknown if or when that will happen, but for now, it is still a great addition to the Xbox.

Part 1:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Part 2:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

did they make it so you could copy all the music from your zune to the hard drive of the xbox?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Jaistu
Experienced Member

Jaistu is just really niceJaistu is just really niceJaistu is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Jaistu Send a message via Yahoo to Jaistu

That is freaking awesome.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
EnzoTen
Experienced Zuner

EnzoTen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
did they make it so you could copy all the music from your zune to the hard drive of the xbox?
I dont think so, ill have to check for sure.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

thats the one thing i wish my xbox could do since i know i'm never going to buy enough movies to fill up the 250gb hdd

Old 09-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

I got the new dash, it is fantastic!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I got the new dash, it is fantastic!
i am waiting for mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Great review of the new dash, cant wait for the update so i can start using the pass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
tnap

I think I am signed up in the preview, I'll have to check.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future

A little bird told me the new dash comes out next week.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

Isn't it against the agreement wish M$ to release info about the Dashboard before it is released?

Old 09-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
Legend
Zune Freak

Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
A little bird told me the new dash comes out next week.
i was told today or next week.

"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

I havent got my 360 here at college/uni =[

Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifer93 View Post
Isn't it against the agreement wish M$ to release info about the Dashboard before it is released?
Well what if it was leaked...

Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #15
Dilpickle1
1elkciplid
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Dilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dilpickle1 Send a message via MSN to Dilpickle1 Send a message via Skype™ to Dilpickle1

1. There is no NDA for the dashboard. That was for kinect.

2. This is a fall update, so it COULD come whenever. But I wouldn't expect it so soon after it being beta released.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #16
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold

Wow that looks awesome!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #17
Legend
Zune Freak

just got it
but Zune Marketplace(Music) won't let me play Metallica! >:|

Old 09-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #18
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Creative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Creative Zune Send a message via MSN to Creative Zune

If only they could bring this to the ps3.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
Silentkiller SK
Jr. Zuner

Silentkiller SK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I just check on my xbox (yes i got the preview update) and no you cant but you can stream songs you bought or use the zune pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilpickle1 View Post
1. There is no NDA for the dashboard. That was for kinect.

2. This is a fall update, so it COULD come whenever. But I wouldn't expect it so soon after it being beta released.
it comes out a few days before kinect (nov 4)

If any one has questions about the update, just ask me and ill check and give you an answer.

Last edited by Silentkiller SK; 09-29-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #20
Legend
Zune Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentkiller SK View Post
I just check on my xbox (yes i got the preview update) and no you cant but you can stream songs you bought or use the zune pass.

it comes out a few days before kinect (nov 4)

If any one has questions about the update, just ask me and ill check and give you an answer.
why can i not listen to metallica then?

Closed Thread