Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > zHD

zHD Help with the Zune HD.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Pupusaman
Zewbie

Pupusaman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Couple of issues with my Zune..?

Alright, so I am having a couple of problems with my Zune.
First of all, I can't seem to connect to the internet. My Zune shows that is connected to my wi-fi signal, but when I try to use the Facebook or Weather app, it won't work. Also, when I try and use the Internet browser, the screen just goes black, and yet I can press the home button and get back to the home screen. So yeah, it is unable to use wi-fi for some reason.

The other issue is when I sync my Zune to my computer. It has the SYNCING... logo on forever. Even when I disconnect my Zune from the computer, it still has that sync logo on. I have to restart my Zune to get it to go away.

I have tried restarting my Zune and putting it into Recovery mode. The latter not being a good idea seeing as now my computer thinks my Zune is a guest. And because all it does is having that sync logo on and not doing anything, I can't change the sync relationship.

If anyone could please help me with these gripes, it would greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Estix The Roman
Experienced Zuner

Estix The Roman is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you need to do a hard reset. To do it without the software, set a lock code on your Zune and incorrectly enter it 4 times. You will lose everything. Music, videos, podcasts, bookmarks, everything. So you'll have to resync it.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Food
Zune Freak

Food is a glorious beacon of lightFood is a glorious beacon of lightFood is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Food

Yea, maybe a hard reset would work.
As for the internet problem the wifi may be an unsupported format

Old 08-16-2010, 05:50 AM   #4
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estix The Roman View Post
Sounds like you need to do a hard reset. To do it without the software, set a lock code on your Zune and incorrectly enter it 4 times. You will lose everything. Music, videos, podcasts, bookmarks, everything. So you'll have to resync it.
I don't think this will help... all it does is erase the content, on a device that is having trouble sync'ing! And the OP has already tried recovery mode to reinstall the firmware without success. that suggests the trouble is on the PC, not the device. So, all the regular suggestions apply- try an different USB port, try a different PC, and try reinstalling the USB drivers.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Dark Phoenix
Banned
Senior Zuner

Dark Phoenix will become famous soon enough

I know the command but it actually seems like a firmware reset would be the best thing to do, hold the media (button on the left) and Power button (on the top) for 15 seconds and plug into your come and it reinstalls the firmware without erasing your content

Old 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
I know the command but it actually seems like a firmware reset would be the best thing to do, hold the media (button on the left) and Power button (on the top) for 15 seconds and plug into your come and it reinstalls the firmware without erasing your content
OP said they did that already...

Closed Thread