Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy
Post Microsoft's latest batch of apps

Well as ducktape conveniently pointed out a short while ago, Microsoft has FINALLY released some new apps, and an update for Twitter! Well let's check them out, shall we?

First we have the Twitter update. When I tested out Twitter, I didn't notice much had changed, but what hit me was the fact that everything is now a lot smoother. Just last week I was using the app and it was constantly telling me that it couldn't find things and was being slow about everything. So it's safe to say that this was merely a performance update.

Animalgrams is a simple word game that has an animal theme. You use letters from the animal's name and spell out as many words as possible within the time limit. It doesn't seem like much was put into the game, but nonetheless, it'll probably give me something to do in the car. I give this one a 3/5.

MSN Money is the app we were teased about a short time ago in a Zune Insider podcast. Along with the Twitter update and Animalgrams, MSN Money has finally been released as well. What does it do then? Not only can you convert currency, but you can also read many business articles pulled straight from the internet. It has information on the stocks and a lot more as well. This app is actually more than I thought it would be. It gets a 5/5.

Well that's a wrap for the latest apps for the Zune HD. And once again, MANY thanks to zB regular, ducktape for tipping me off about this

Last edited by Zombii Matt; 07-30-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

lol it is the zune insider podcast! but finally the pipeline as been unclogged!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 07-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold

Number 72 right?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
That Guy Is Here

That Guy Is Here will become famous soon enough

YEAH NEW APPS. What time did they realese them i checked at like 2 yesterday.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 AM   #5
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Actually it was at about 9:30 or later.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 AM   #6
soUFJERzz
Experienced Zuner

soUFJERzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to soUFJERzz

I guess we have to behappy with what they give us. So thanks Zune team!!

Old 07-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #7
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

The MSN Money app is actually more convenient than I expected it to be o.o

Old 07-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #8
Carpe Diem
Experienced Zuner

Carpe Diem is on a distinguished road

Both run very smoothly and are well done. Hopefully Microsoft can return to their schedule of a few apps a month.

Can't figure out what's new in Twitter. Mine feels the same speed. Maybe just a tad bit faster when loading more tweets at the bottom.

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 07-30-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #9
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

Awesome beans. I was hoping for more.. but awesome beans.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #10
thrplayer1

thrplayer1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thrplayer1 Send a message via Skype™ to thrplayer1

you gave me the urge now to get out of my bed and walk over to my zune to download the apps...

Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #11
Dilpickle1
1elkciplid
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Dilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dilpickle1 Send a message via MSN to Dilpickle1 Send a message via Skype™ to Dilpickle1

Twitter app doesnt double reply anymore.. thank goodness!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:32 AM   #12
turdbogls

turdbogls is on a distinguished road

wow...3 months and we get this? i guess its better than nothing. all i have to say is thank goodness i have an android phone. i am done with the HD. gimme the flash based OG zune and i will be good.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #13
Dilpickle1
1elkciplid
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Dilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dilpickle1 Send a message via MSN to Dilpickle1 Send a message via Skype™ to Dilpickle1

If people are going to get pissy about free apps, then don't post.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #14
jhart
Zewbie

jhart is on a distinguished road

I'll take your HD if your done with it

Old 07-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

I take vacations to other countries sometimes and this will help me convert the money over to local currency. Also, I will enjoy being able to read articles.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
Scott1220
Senior Zuner

Scott1220 is a jewel in the roughScott1220 is a jewel in the rough

Yum... MSN money is a really good app.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
xGodOfModzx
Zuner

xGodOfModzx is on a distinguished road

Nice, i will have to check them out when i get to the hotel. Can't connect my zune to the internet through my rooted Sprint htc hero, only my laptop can.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #18
Food
Zune Freak

Food is a glorious beacon of lightFood is a glorious beacon of lightFood is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Food

ehh it's decent i guess they are working on windows mobile 7 more anyways

Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #19
turdbogls

turdbogls is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart View Post
I'll take your HD if your done with it
not just going to GIVE it away.....but i will take some offers. comes with headphones, HDMI dock with HDMI cable and DLO jam jacket.

and i wasn't really bitching....like i said, i have a droid, so apps on the HD are not a big deal to me any more. i would usually be excited to see something, but now i could care less...i just was thinking after 3 months wait, there would be something other than these apps.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #20
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

I think Microsoft did good this time around. And we'll probably be seeing more apps after 4.7 is released, and they get done making stuff international.

Closed Thread