Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Download OpenZDK Applications

Download OpenZDK Applications OpenZDK Applications

Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix
Default Doom for the Zune SD 1.1

Name: Doom
Version: 1.1
Author: id Software, ported by Netrix (Glenn Anderson), thanks to Red Sky for compiling a working build.
License: Doom Source License

For all original Zunes.

Doom is a first-person shooter released in 1993 by id Software. The shareware WAD (map pack) is included.

Official WADs other than the shareware WAD should work if you can put one of them in the the data folder and remove doom1.wad. If any official WAD does not appear to work, be sure to mention it in this thread.

You can obtain the full version of Doom (Ultimate Doom) as well as the Doom sequels legitimately through Steam. The WAD files should be installed with the game into your Steam directory, where they can be copied in with Doom for Zune SD.

If you happen to have no idea what Doom is, read about it here: Doom (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note:
This is a very basic initial release. It does not have many of the features that the Zune HD version has. This is mainly because I do not have a working original Zune with which to debug/test. I will try to fix my old Zune 30, but if I can not get it to work, the future of Doom for the Zune SD will be uncertain. Someone else would have to take over its development, and I have no idea how many (or what) features would end up being added to it. The other option is for me to buy an original Zune, but as I do not get paid for this work, I would need donations to justify and afford buying another Zune. Donations can be sent to me through PayPal to gandersonmail1@yahoo.com.

Controls:
You can move using d-pad. The center button (play on the touch pad) button acts as 'Enter' (select) in the menu and 'Right Ctrl' (shoot) while playing. The back button acts like 'Backspace' (cancel) in the menu. The play button (center on the touch pad Zunes) acts like 'Space' (open) and 'Right Shift' (run) while playing. Flipping the hold switch brings up the menu. Pressing back and up or down changes the weapon.

Known issues:
-There is no option to prevent the Zune from rebooting (yet).
-Only one WAD can be used at a time.
-If the save feature is used, it should only be used with that WAD. For instance, if slot one is used to save with the shareware WAD, then the Plutonia WAD is deployed, attempting to load that slot will cause your Zune to explode.
-Post anything that is not mentioned here.

Yet to come (hopefully):
-WAD selection.
-Post suggestions.

Download:
Doom SD v1.1.zip

To install, unzip it and run deploykit.exe.

SVN:
Assembla - ZuneDoom

Note: Do not use the SVN version unless you know how to use SVN.

Donations:
If you think my work deserves a monetary reward or want to help me buy an original Zune so I can add features to Doom for Zune SD, money can be sent to me through PayPal to gandersonmail1@yahoo.com. It would be greatly appreciated, but certainly not expected.

Video:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Netrix; 05-26-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Netrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Dilpickle1
1elkciplid
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Dilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dilpickle1 Send a message via MSN to Dilpickle1 Send a message via Skype™ to Dilpickle1

Cool!! Much respect Netrix, Keep em comin! I'll try it out when It gets working for 2nd gen devices..

Dilpickle1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

Wow. I didn't think it could be done. +rep.

Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
acesxclaw

acesxclaw has a spectacular aura aboutacesxclaw has a spectacular aura about

Good job! This is some great work, now I can play on my 30 AND my HD...

acesxclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
Beausiph
All of Beau's hoes, wanna take a ride on Beau's hose
Retired Global
Super Zuner

Beausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Beausiph

Nice Job Net!

Beausiph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #6
Red Sky
lost in paradise with rae
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Red Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Red Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Red Sky

I'm sorry about the quality of the video guys. My eyetoy isn't exactly the best camera in the world.

Red Sky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

Hell yes!

Grim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
Tuffdog
Squirt

Tuffdog is on a distinguished road

Nice to see some open ZDK SD apps released, this is incredible!!!! I hope to see this refined for the secound gen SD zunes, but even in its current state it is incredible.

Tuffdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
Red Sky
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Red Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to all

I'm currently working on changing the controls for the second gen zunes, but as of now my source has become unstable due to VS crashing and it's not letting me delete stuff. I'll get back to work ASAP

Old 05-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Pyho
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Pyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud of

The controls aren't that bad on a second gen.
Also, attempting to change the Screen Size crashes my 80GB.

Last edited by Pyho; 05-26-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Whoops

Pyho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Red Sky
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

You can make it smaller but making it larger than the default crashes it. Don't do that right now!

EDIT:
So, I forgot (or rather didn't know) that there was a way to enable sound, but I've compiled a working build with sound. I'm in the process of making a separate control scheme for the gen 2 zunes. It's coming along nicely.

Last edited by Red Sky; 05-25-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
otto888
Zewbie

otto888 is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Now if only I hadn't lost my 30gb on the bus last year. >.> But it's great to finally see some SD ZDK games.

otto888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
kevinletkeman
Squirt

kevinletkeman is on a distinguished road

What about a button for weapon change?...lol

But other than that thanks for the great port.

Last edited by Dilpickle1; 05-26-2010 at 05:32 PM.

kevinletkeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #14
Red Sky
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Button changing works, right now you hold back and then up or down to change weapon. Don't hold back for more than 3 seconds. It will cause the application to exit

Old 05-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #15
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of

There is a small update (v1.1) to make the controls a bit better for the Zunes with touch pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinletkeman View Post

But other than that thanks for the great port.
I added that information in the first post.

Last edited by Netrix; 05-26-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #16
Dilpickle1
1elkciplid
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Dilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to beholdDilpickle1 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dilpickle1 Send a message via MSN to Dilpickle1 Send a message via Skype™ to Dilpickle1

While playing, the controls... i'd say... got confused? Went from forwards to backwards when i wanted to go from forwards to right on my touchpad zune.

Other than that, Its good. Thanks Netrix and Red.

Dilpickle1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #17
kevinletkeman
Squirt

kevinletkeman is on a distinguished road

Alright, thanks for that info that should work but i also found a bug that once i deployed the game with the ultimate doom wad file the game freezes every couple seconds (even in the menu with the video in background) for a second or so then it returns to gameplay.
P.S. Haven't tried any other wad file yet other than shareware and this one so not sure if it would do it for doom 2 and others.

EDIT
Forgot, the only other major bug if only is the sound not working but someone said they got that fixed in there own compiled version so that shouldn't take to long to release an official fix.

Last edited by kevinletkeman; 05-26-2010 at 06:57 PM.

kevinletkeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #18
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilpickle1 View Post
While playing, the controls... i'd say... got confused? Went from forwards to backwards when i wanted to go from forwards to right on my touchpad zune.

Other than that, Its good. Thanks Netrix and Red.
It does what it is told to do, so your touch pad detected that you were pressing backwards (apparently accidentally). The touch position might be able to be used to fix that sort of issue.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
Red Sky
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

@Dil, I'm assuming you have a touch input zune. They are strange to play with in general. It's best to lift your finger between movements, but that's really not easy.

@kevin, I'm a bit confused, you've only played with the shareware wad but you tried using the ultimate doom wad?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #20
tnap

I'll be willing to test out beta builds if you want me to.

But seriously, good work.