Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:32 AM   #1
GraysonPeddie
Zewbie

GraysonPeddie is on a distinguished road
Default Missing tracks in a couple of albums

Hi. I am unable to figure it out how to add tracks to my albums in Zune 4 software that are missing.

For example, in "O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits," tracks 2 and 4 are missing. For Mail on Sunday, by Flo Rida, tracks 5, 6, 7, 9, and 14 are missing. In All Time Greatest Hits, by Steppenwolf, tracks 7 to 9 are missing.

My library is located in E:\Music - Zune.

Here are the other images where tracks are missing.

Are there any resolutions to my problem that I'm having?

--Grayson Peddie

PS: I've been looking all over the Internet, but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Grimm312

Grimm312 is on a distinguished road

Stick the tracks into your library (if you have them, otherwise you're gonna need them), and change the metadata so it displays in the right album.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
GraysonPeddie
Zewbie

I did have all my tracks inside my E:\"Music - Zune" folder, but it's not doing it. Zune 4 ignored my request to add the songs to the library when I drag and drop.

I'm able to listen to tracks 7, 8, and 9 (All Time Greatest Hits by Steppenwolf) just fine when I use Windows Explorer (Zune 4 plays the files okay, but it does not get added to the library).

Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 04-17-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #4
Grimm312

Where did you get the music from?

If they're from a cd re-rip them and see what happens

I suspect somethings gone awry with the format perhaps.

If you've downloaded them, run them through a converter and see if that helps.

Last edited by Grimm312; 04-18-2010 at 03:50 AM.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
GraysonPeddie
Zewbie

I've ripped all the tracks about a couple of years ago. They're all in WMA format.

I went from WMA Lossless (that I primarily ripped using the format), then about a year ago, I want to have those files in FLAC, so I used Foobar2000 to do that (and downloaded a FLAC codec with support for tagging for Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center). Then I deleted the WMA files to keep my hard drive clean. Because I wanted to stick with the FLAC format, I went into looking for a way to get the Zune software to play files that have FLAC in it. So, I used Foobar2000 to convert them to AAC and then used the free MP3 to WMA converter and convert them to WMA lossy. They're all VBR.

After a lot of trouble I went though, I went back to AAC. I got all the tracks needed and it works. I don't know why I couldn't get the some of the missing tracks in WMA format, but oh well. I guess I'll have to maintain two file formats, FLAC (Ubuntu and Windows) and AAC (Zune).

Thanks for your help, though.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Grimm312

No worries mate.

Just a suggestion, try running the files that aren't working through the converter again. This oftentimes fixes issues with my video files, so it might work for you and your audio.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
GraysonPeddie
Zewbie

Ah, thanks for you suggestion.

AAC files will only be used for Zune player, on which I'll buy myself a Windows Phone 7 phone when it comes out later this year (and my contract with Sprint will be up on November (currently have Samsung Ace)).

Old 04-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #8
GraysonPeddie
Zewbie

I'd like to give everyone an update: I have reconverted some of my tracks from FLAC to AAC at 500k and then from AAC to WMA with a quality of VBR at 50% (44.1 Stereo). The Impression album from Chip Davis gets a quality setting of 48kHz Stereo at 90%. I used Foobar2000 to go from FLAC to AAC (I did get Windows Media 9 Encoder 64-Bit but it does not seem to cncode to WMA format (I use 64-Bit version of Vista Ultimate with AMD64). After that, I use Free Mp3 Wma Converter to convert my tracks to WMA. I think most tracks may not need a setting of 75 or 90, but at some point if I hear ailasing at a quality of 50, I bump it up to 90 (after I go from FLAC -> AAC -> WMA).

The reason why I do this is so I can listen to music in Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard (I miss the touch-screen feature) as I currently do not have Zune.

Closed Thread