Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
dingdong
Zewbie

dingdong is on a distinguished road

http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/gen...tml#post419829

I have the same issue as the post above. I get all the way to the part of the error when updating the firmware (Error Code C00D124F - not enough space) and I can't get anything to work. I have rebooted my zune several times, and it hasn't seemed to do anything. I have the "connect to PC" thing that comes up but when I do, and try to install the new firmware, it says not enough space. My zune has been inactive for roughly a year, and when i first plugged it in to charge it and then listen to the music, it would freeze often, and then it wasn't froze, it would run really slow when trying to do simple tasks. then suddenly this error comes up to connect. any input would help. Thanks.

P.S. - I have an 80gb zune.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Pyho; 04-24-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: DP

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Grimm312

Grimm312 is on a distinguished road

This isn't gospel here, but.

There isn't enough room for the firmware.

So make room.

Complete reset. Dunno what the combo for it is, since i own a zHD, but it's listed in the Gen 1/2 help sub-forum.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Shadow
Vanguard of Darkness
Retired Staff
Zune Freak

Shadow will become famous soon enough

In all honesty, Grimm312's suggestion is the most likely to fix it.

If that doesn't work, however, there's a long shot that a lot of dust has gotten into your device and is thus messing with the circuitry. You could try opening it up to take a look.

Closed Thread