Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications

Zune Games and Applications Discuss, request, share, and download Zune Games here. Having troubles with Zune Games? No problem, we can help.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
ZGamer
Experienced Member

ZGamer is on a distinguished road
Talking Hmm I wonder if this will help us in some way...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Maybe we could use the same games/apps than WiMo devices???

ZGamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
turdbogls

turdbogls is on a distinguished road

well the zune isnt a win-mo device...so they wont work. but this is not to say the Zune team cannot make the zune accept the win-mo apps.
this has been discussed in the past, just a matter of the Zune team making it work. I wouldn't think it would be too hard but what do i know.

turdbogls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
ZGamer
Experienced Member

ZGamer is on a distinguished road

But... he's using the same apps in both devices... aren't they easier to port???

ZGamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
greedo
Jr. Zuner

greedo is on a distinguished road

It seems pretty obvious that Windows Mobile 7 is going to be designed for almost identical hardware as the Zune. There are signs everywhere. This is probably why Microsoft are being coy about Zune apps...

Steve Balmer has already confirmed that Zune software will run on Windows Mobile phones, Windows Mobile 6.5 has a Zune-like today screen, and now has an iPhone-like marketplace.

All signs point to Zune and WinMo integration, which could lead to apps being interchangeable.

If Zune can be made to run WinMo apps (I'm pretty sure WinMo apps are created with Visual Studio / C# anyway) then Zune will automatically have tens of thousands of apps compatible with it.

If this happens, Zune will have the best of both worlds - a tightly moderated marketplace for quality apps approved by Microsoft and lots of outlets for non-moderated, side-loaded apps and games (which WinMo already has, of course).

greedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Ungluck
Squirt

Ungluck is on a distinguished road
Default New Zune HD Programming Software

I came across a new program to make games for the zune hd. It also works with silverlight and windows mobile. I haven't tried it out, but I thought I'd just share it, so if any developers are interested here it is:
WiMo Game Frameworks
And here's a video demonstration of some games and such made on it.

Ungluck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

This is quite old...

Bellic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
itsnotabigtruck
R E D R U M
Development Front
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

itsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant future

This might be old but I don't think it's been posted before, so it might as well stay.

This looks potentially interesting but the API seems like a bastardized version of XNA. Moreover, the demo game looked like it was having framerate issues, and that's a trivial Breakout implementation.

Edit: Turns out it was already posted, so I merged the threads.

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 02-04-2010 at 09:23 PM.

itsnotabigtruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 AM   #8
Tiptup300
Experienced Member

Tiptup300 has disabled reputation

It just piggybacks XNA. Then they probably have their own simple graphics implentation on the WinMo side of things. I'm more interested in if you need the payed for version to create applications for WinMo. I would love to create custom apps for my phone, but MS requires I pay them money to do it!

Tiptup300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #9
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
This might be old but I don't think it's been posted before, so it might as well stay.

This looks potentially interesting but the API seems like a bastardized version of XNA. Moreover, the demo game looked like it was having framerate issues, and that's a trivial Breakout implementation.

Edit: Turns out it was already posted, so I merged the threads.
Haha yep. Maybe I should have just reported the thread and given a link. Lol sorry

Bellic is offline   Reply With Quote