Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > Gen 1/Gen 2

Gen 1/Gen 2 For help with every zune except the Zune HD. Zune 4, 8, 16, 30, 80, 120 issues go here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
QuesoDeLaNoche
Zewbie

QuesoDeLaNoche is on a distinguished road
Default my zune 30 frequently stops during songs. what do i do?

lately, my zune has been randomly stopping in the middle of songs. I mean the music will just stop playing. after a moment, it will resume playing. then the same thing happens again after a little bit. and it keeps on happening. What should i do? i know its not the earbuds the the radio works perfectly.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
zackman220
Zuner

zackman220 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to zackman220 Send a message via Yahoo to zackman220

It could be a corrupted song.
just delete the song or if it happens to the whole thing try a Hard Restart

Old 07-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
J2800
sig parvis magna
Retired Staff
Zune Lord

J2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to all

I agree with zack, you probably have a corrupted file. Is it that way with all of your songs, or just a few? Also, your hard drive may be damaged. That's a disadvantage of hard drive media, it breaks more often than flash... but I digress.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Shadow
Vanguard of Darkness
Retired Staff
Zune Freak

Shadow will become famous soon enough

I know that it's a bit drastic, that's why this is like a list-ditch effort, but if re-synchrnoizing it doesn't work, try reformatting your device by holding down the back, center, and play buttons when it is booting up. It may be a device issue. Make sure that you have backed-up everything from your device before you do so, though.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
J2800
sig parvis magna
Retired Staff
Zune Lord

J2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to all

I don't know Phantom, it might work...

Old 07-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
QuesoDeLaNoche
Zewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom707 View Post
I know that it's a bit drastic, that's why this is like a list-ditch effort, but if re-synchrnoizing it doesn't work, try reformatting your device by holding down the back, center, and play buttons when it is booting up. It may be a device issue. Make sure that you have backed-up everything from your device before you do so, though.
Are you talking about resetting the whole Zune so that I have to put the software back on along with the music? I did that already. Didn't really solve the problem.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #7
zachnehrenberg

zachnehrenberg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to zachnehrenberg Send a message via Yahoo to zachnehrenberg Send a message via Skype™ to zachnehrenberg

Hmm. This is a relevant question I will ask here... Has the Zune ever got to a point where it is very hot? Also, what sounds (if any) come from the device when the music stops.

Thank you for answering these questions so that I may help you with your issue.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 AM   #8
QuesoDeLaNoche
Zewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachnehrenberg View Post
Hmm. This is a relevant question I will ask here... Has the Zune ever got to a point where it is very hot? Also, what sounds (if any) come from the device when the music stops.

Thank you for answering these questions so that I may help you with your issue.
I don't know if it gets very hot, but I have noticed that if I hold the Zune up to my ear, it makes a sort of clicking sound. Is that normal?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #9
zachnehrenberg

Send a message via MSN to zachnehrenberg Send a message via Yahoo to zachnehrenberg Send a message via Skype™ to zachnehrenberg

Ah. The clicking noise is the magnetic reader on the HDD going back and forth, trying to read. The hard drive you have is damaged, and you'll have to replace it or get a new Zune to fix the problem. Have you ever dropped your Zune? What was the course of events just before this started happening?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
roebeet
Zune Freak

roebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to roebeet

A low clicking sound is not necessarily bad (especially if you have to put it up close to your ear to hear it). However, if it's a louder clunking sound and seems to occur whenever the device freezes up, then it could be a failing HDD.

The Zune 30 is very quiet normally, as the drive in encased not only in the plastic shell, but also an inner metallic case. I cannot hear the HDD clicking unless it's pressed up against my ear.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
Rob
Banned
Super Zuner

Rob will become famous soon enough

yeah, back to the question

same happens too me, but mine is always happening when i add new content.

the only thing to do is resync your whole device (painstaking but thats the only way i could fix mine)

but when resyncing i had to go like 20% at a time or everything will freeze up.

also, if you push anybuttons when the audio is missing, does your zune freeze up, if so then yeah, thats whats wrong with mine, i actually heard that it had to do with software to firmware communication, like it was some sort of bug or something. its actually a quite popular problem. i know a few people that it happened to

Old 07-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
zachnehrenberg

I see. I had never herd of that problem and assumed it must be something with the HDD transferring or reading for that matter. It sounds like it's a firmware bug though.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #13
Rob
Banned
Super Zuner

Rob will become famous soon enough

well i know i did a firmware reset (a long time ago) ill try again to see if it works

Closed Thread