Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune HD

Zune HD Talk anything related to the Zune HD

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
ACE
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

ACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to ACE
Default ZuneHD's Final Firmware Still Unfinished [+More]

Brian Seitz has shed some light onto why the ZuneHD was announced so early, and says the firmware is not even complete. So the images that have been released may not be accurately portraying the final ZuneHD firmware.

Quote:
"Honestly, the disclosure timeline was shook up a little bit," says Brian Seitz, Marketing Manager of Zune. "We've been weathering a round of rumors over the last couple of months. In my job particularly it's painful to not be able to talk to our customer."

Seitz says Microsoft is building the final firmware, so features are not yet set in stone.
On top of that, he says flash support for the mobile web browser built on Internet Explorer is "still being worked out" which means we may get it after launch in the Fall.

Seiitz was tight-lipped about storage capacities, but on the topic of games he did say:

Quote:
"We know that people like games on the go," and it sounds likely that a few casual, one-off games might be available on the Zune HD as are already available on older Zune. But there could be something more in the future: "There's definitely discussions happening. We would not be very smart if we weren't exploring those opportunities."
So I wonder how much the timing of the release of information was actually "shaken" up, 'cause from what Big D was saying, it was already planned, and there's still more information to be had on ZuneHD they're not saying yet... Hrm... Hit the link to read the entire interview.

[via Boing Boing Gadgets]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

w/e the specs turn out to be im still preordering it

Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
DartDart
Zuner

DartDart is on a distinguished road

They need to say " It will play halo 3". If Microsoft actually want to sell zunes it must harness the awesome power of halo fanboys!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #4
ACE
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

ACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to all

A portable Halo game that would utilize Wifi or the internet to play against each other would rock!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
Xhale1
Squirt

Xhale1 is on a distinguished road

i definitely gotta get me one of these bad boys!..i guess they wont have a built in speaker like the touch. but oh well its better already

Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #6
dahdogg
Squirt

dahdogg is on a distinguished road

But we still dont know if it has the tegra chip in it so if it doesnt it might not be able to do all of the games we might have orginally thought.
But ya that would be awesome.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
ACE
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahdogg View Post
But we still dont know if it has the tegra chip in it so if it doesnt it might not be able to do all of the games we might have orginally thought.
But ya that would be awesome.
Being able to handle HD video out suggests the Tegra chip is present...

Old 05-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
Seb
Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies!
So mainstream, I'm a standard
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Seb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Seb Send a message via Skype™ to Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartDart View Post
They need to say "It will play halo 3."
Quote:
play halo 3
Quote:
halo 3

You're not one of them...right?
But as much as I would hate to say it, it would be an idea. That and play gears of war.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #9
Fade3e

Fade3e is on a distinguished road

ok lets be realistic nomatter what the specs of the zunehd are halo will never happen because theres noway to play it with just a touch screen, not practicqlly anyway, i could possably see halowars sseeing as its an rts and they could def be played with just a touch screen, tho ive never played halowars to know

Old 05-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
nomac
Zuner

nomac is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nomac

is microsft due to release more specs at e3 or was that there BIG announcement for e3

Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
Jzune

Jzune is on a distinguished road

For sure its gonna have some killer games, the fact that several media outlets are referring to it as a "The new Zune HD handheld gaming console" is great.

I hate it that they are calling it a competitor to the iphone, its not!!!
I think they do this so that when it launches fanboys will point out how it fails to compete with the iphone.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzune View Post
For sure its gonna have some killer games, the fact that several media outlets are referring to it as a "The new Zune HD handheld gaming console" is great.

I hate it that they are calling it a competitor to the iphone, its not!!!
I think they do this so that when it launches fanboys will point out how it fails to compete with the iphone.
I don't know how the can be competitors when the HD is so much better than the iPod Touch, and it's not a phone so it's not even the same class of device as the iPhone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #13
Mariodjw
Experienced Member

Mariodjw will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mariodjw

yes i hate how everything is compared to the ipod touch and phone

Old 05-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #14
dahdogg
Squirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post
Being able to handle HD video out suggests the Tegra chip is present...
True true

Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #15
Jzune

Jzune is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I don't know how the can be competitors when the HD is so much better than the iPod Touch, and it's not a phone so it's not even the same class of device as the iPhone.
Thats what im saying, but thats what some news sites are comparing it to.
Which i hate but oh well. Cant wait till my friends start reading about it, theyre gonna eat their own words.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
dahdogg
Squirt

Ya all my friends ask what a zune is, and the only response i can think of is "an ipod, but way better" and then we get into a big argument. Anyways, when the HD comes out, steve jobs faithful are going down!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #17
Mariodjw
Experienced Member

My friends still think its stupid, but they also think an hd ipod would be stupid too so that makes them stupid. But yeah, what needs to happen is the name needs to become a part of everyone's vocabulary. Teachers don't say, "Put away your MP3 player" , they say, "Put away your Ipod".

Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
silentdreamer89
Squirt

silentdreamer89 is on a distinguished road

I heard 1st gen Zuners would be able to trade-in and get some of the price down. Can anyone confirm?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #19
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdreamer89 View Post
I heard 1st gen Zuners would be able to trade-in and get some of the price down. Can anyone confirm?
where did you hear that?
i seriously doubt that since they arent selling the 30gb zunes anymore, what would they do with them lol?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #20
Mariodjw
Experienced Member

make statues of me out of zunes

Closed Thread