Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Swamproot1120
Zewbie

Swamproot1120 is on a distinguished road
Default Two Computer Assistance

I would like to figure out a way to easily keep my zune music synced between two computers. I have a laptop and a desktop comp, and i want the software and music on both. Can anyone suggest a way to do this that will not drive me out of my mind? Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Have one computer as your main, and one as a guest PC. Each time you connect to the Guest PC just sync from Zune to Collection. (If is allows you, not familiar with Guest Capabilities)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Bolt
zB President
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Bolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Bolt

Charge, you CAN reverse-sync as guest. I've done it once or twice.

I just thought of an idea.

Install DropBox on both of your computers. Link both programs to the same account. Have the Zune software of both computers monitor your DropBox music folder. That way, when you add music on 1 computer, it'll be automatically added to your other computer, and to the software next time you open it up.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Charge, you CAN reverse-sync as guest. I've done it once or twice.

I just thought of an idea.

Install DropBox on both of your computers. Link both programs to the same account. Have the Zune software of both computers monitor your DropBox music folder. That way, when you add music on 1 computer, it'll be automatically added to your other computer, and to the software next time you open it up.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
If its someone that actually listens to music, they will have more than 2gb, unless you make sure you save it to your system after, but thats a lot of hassle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
Bolt
zB President
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Bolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Bolt

It's not hard to save it to the system. It's not like you download anything from the internet (slow dl speeds), you just copy it from one folder on your comp to a more permanent one.

Reverse-sync to get all of your current music on both, then transfer whatever new music you'd like to DropBox. Copy it to a different monitored folder, and delete.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
matchu21
Jr. Zuner

Location: seaford va, just below Yorktown and to the east of Newport news.
matchu21 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to matchu21 Send a message via Yahoo to matchu21

What if you had the desktop and your main and the laptop as ur secondary. You could create a file in my network places and link it to the desktop and laptop.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Red Sky
lost in paradise with rae
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

Red Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Red Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Red Sky

If you wanted to be really awesome, you could set up a network drive that both computers automatically check for media... but if you don't want to do that, I would go with charge's method, or maybe just get an external HDD for all of your music and keep everything on there and copy it when you need to.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
roebeet
Zune Freak

roebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to roebeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sky View Post
If you wanted to be really awesome, you could set up a network drive that both computers automatically check for media... but if you don't want to do that, I would go with charge's method, or maybe just get an external HDD for all of your music and keep everything on there and copy it when you need to.
x2 on the external HDD. It's a fast and cheap solution.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Portable HDD?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
matchu21
Jr. Zuner

Location: seaford va, just below Yorktown and to the east of Newport news.
matchu21 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to matchu21 Send a message via Yahoo to matchu21

Yeah a portable one would work, U just got to keep it plugged in the computer when you want to run the zune software.

Closed Thread