Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
sackerman
Zewbie

sackerman is on a distinguished road
Default CD Ripping problem

I just purchased a Zune 120 and installed the software (v3.1) and whenever I rip a CD, I have to quit the program and restart before it recognizes another CD that I have inserted into the drive. I have 'Rip CD automatically when inserted' checked in the settings. I haven't found any other settings that might affect this. Window XP SP3. Any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
batkinson001
Zuner

batkinson001 is on a distinguished road

try turning off auto rip and staying on the collection/music screen when you insert the cd, for me this allows the program to get the album info and update the cd screen...

Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
sackerman
Zewbie

Well, that didn't do it BUT, I selected my CD drive and enabled 'autoplay' for 'Music CD' and checked 'Rip AudioCD using Zune' and 'so far' that is working.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
sackerman
Zewbie

Okay, well I was wrong. It isn't working correctly. If I quit the program and install a CD then Zune will automatically open and start ripping the CD and ejects it at the end. But if I insert another CD it doesn't update the album and I have to quit the program. Only Microsoft would make a program that doesn't function correctly with it's own OS.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
batkinson001
Zuner

batkinson001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackerman View Post
Okay, well I was wrong. It isn't working correctly. If I quit the program and install a CD then Zune will automatically open and start ripping the CD and ejects it at the end. But if I insert another CD it doesn't update the album and I have to quit the program. Only Microsoft would make a program that doesn't function correctly with it's own OS.

have you tried using windows media player 11? its what I used to use before zune (itunes sucks for cd ripping). turn off auto rip in the zune software (and the auto play menu for the insert cd), and just rip manually...

Old 04-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
roebeet
Zune Freak

roebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to roebeet

My two cents - I would never use the Zune Software ripping software (or iTunes, for that matter). For Windows, would use EAC.

The reason is that it's more reliable -- if a CD is scratched or weathered, it could affect the rip and end up with errors. Usually small defects that can sometimes can be heard during playback. EAC is designed to deal with these defects and correct them.

You'd be surprised how many CD's I own that look fine cosmetically, but end up with errors during rips that need to be corrected. The optical drive could also be at fault, of course.

Closed Thread