Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Mariodjw
Experienced Member

Mariodjw will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mariodjw
Question Syncing and update problems !!HELP!!

My zune has been working fine since i got it in 2006. Then a couple of days ago i decided i would try to make my computer faster. I downloaded a couple of programs to clean my registry and help me decide what files were taking up the most space so I could delete them. After I did that, my zune stopped being recognized by the software. I then tried the thing where it deletes all of the info off of your zune including your firmware. It still was not being recognized by the software so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but it encountered an error uninstalling so i tried deleting the files manually. That didn't work because when i went to try and reinstall the software, it said it was already installed. Then i got the windows install cleanup to delete the left over parts. Then, when tried to to reinstall it I got an error message saying something about HKEY_LOCAL... and me not having access to it (I am the admin). So I then went on to edit the registry and put the thing into it that disables rollback so you can still have the software even if an error message comes up at the end of installation. I now have reinstalled the software but whenever I open the software, it says i need an update, even though i went into the software and made sure i had the latest version (which i do). It will come up with a little window that says getting zune software updates, but it will just sit there and not ever download anything or make any progress. Ohh, and did I mention that the computer still will not recognize my zune on that computer (only this computer for some reason). I feel stupid for doing so much work just to get back to where i started, but now with another problem. If anyone can help at all, you help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, DJW

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
J2800
sig parvis magna
Retired Staff
Zune Lord

J2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to all

Were these registry cleaners well-known and well-trusted? Or were they trojans? I'm guessing the latter.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
roebeet
Zune Freak

roebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really niceroebeet is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to roebeet

Try the full Zune software install, as it does not requiring downloading anything while running:

Download details: Zune 3.1

Also, you might want to try unzooning it:

Remove-it.org > Tools > UnZoone

Closed Thread