Go Back   Zune Boards > General Discussions > The Archives

The Archives Classic threads from more simple times.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt
Default [SOLVED] Cannot boot into Windows 7

Ok i just wiped my Windows vista ultimate x86 partition so i could install home premium x64 but now it will not take me to the boot manager so i can boot into windows 7. How do i fix this? I know i didnt wipe the wrong drive so that cant be the problem. I cant explain how much i dont want to reinstall windows 7 but if i have to i will.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

It's quite possible that the bootable section of the disk was stored at Vista partition. >.> I can assume you made no backups beforehand? Try booting into the Vista x64 disk and see if you get any results from that, an if you can, install it. It should correct the MBR.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
runtohell121
*disappeared*
Zune Priest

runtohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to runtohell121

try just booting from the home premium disc and then select the partition you want to extend or install on?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
zachnehrenberg

zachnehrenberg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to zachnehrenberg Send a message via Yahoo to zachnehrenberg Send a message via Skype™ to zachnehrenberg

Try just normally booting into vista. If that works, than go to the partition manager and make the partition that Windows 7 is on an active partition.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

i fixed this a while ago by just reinstalling windows 7

Old 02-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
SilentWalrus
Knowledgable Walrus
Support Team
Expert Zuner

SilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to behold

How to fix your Windows MBR with an Ubuntu liveCD | ArsGeek
I win.
This will make it so much easier.