Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Zikma
Zewbie

Zikma is on a distinguished road
Default Can't burn a CD

I have a Zune 30 and my library consists of songs I have riped from my personal CDs and ones that I have bought from marketplace. I have not ever had a zune pass.

When ever I try to burn a CD with the Zune software it tells me to connect a burner as if I do not have a burner in my computer. When in fact I do have a burner and use it and nero to back up photographs all the time.

Why won't the Zune software recognize the CD burner in my computer? or how can I get the software to recognize the burner?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Bolt
zB President
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Bolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Bolt

You might have DRM-Protected songs, maybe

Beyond that, I have no idea

Old 12-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Zikma
Zewbie

Zikma is on a distinguished road

How would DRM prevent Zune software from even recognizing the burner?
I have seen this problem posted in several places and forums and have tried almost every "fix" that has been posted short of buying and installing a new burner (because noone ever confirms if that actually fixes the problem).

Old 12-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Would you happen to know if you've done any driver updates recently? If you have, that might be the problem. If you haven't, that might also be the problem. What you can try is open the Device Manager (forget where it is in XP, but in Vista you just need to type in Device Manger in the Start search to open it) and look for your disk drive. Right click it and hit Properties. Click the Driver tab and see if you can update it. If that fails or it not clickable, you might be able to try a driver rollback, which will be right under it.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:13 AM   #5
Bolt
zB President
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Bolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Bolt

@zikma, I think I may have just looked at the title, not actually read the full OP

Closed Thread