PLEASE read this before asking how to put games on your zune
I used a lot of runtohell121's material,
I didnt want to re-write it. Some things needed to be changed to make it for 3.0.
1. Download the following 4 programs:
C# Express Edition 2008 download
XNA Game Studio 3.1
XNA Game Studio 3.1 Zune Extensions
2. Install C# 2008 first
3. Now install the XNA Game Studio program.
Make sure to install 7-zip, you'll need it later.
4. After installing it, Open up C# and try to find the monitor with the x/cross on it (shown by picture below). If you can't find it, you can also use Start-->Programs-->Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.0-->XNA Game Studio Device Center.
5. once that is open.. you'll see this should be empty if you haven't add any device on it yet.
6. click on the "+" sign in green.
7. another new window will pop up like this:
8. click on the zune
9. theres a window like this.. and click on your zune
10. click on next and it will say testing connection.
To download 3.0 games, go to this page: http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/dow...-software.html
SAVE THE GAME, THEN OPEN IT AND EXTRACT THE FILES WITH 7-ZIP
There are 2 different types of games; games with source, and .ccgames.
FOR GAMES WITH SOURCE
GO BACK TO C#
Click Open, and then click on where you saved the extracted files. BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE .SLN FILE.
This is the solution file, which compiles all of the different programs.
MAKE SURE THE ZUNE SOFTWARE IS NOT OPEN
Click on Build --> deploy (name of game) (shown below)
Just open the .ccgame file, then unpack. It'll deploy to your default zune.
MAKE SURE THE ZUNE SOFTWARE IS NOT
OPEN FOR EITHER WAY! If it is, it won't work.
IF YOU GET ERROR 2160 DEPLOYING .CCGAMES
You have the wrong version of XNA. XNA versions do not work with each other. Games made with XNA 3.0 Beta do not work with XNA 3.0 Final, and vice versa.
If you really
want to know how to put games on your zune that were made with 3.0 Beta, go here: http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/dow...tml#post328380
I also just ran into this problem; if you rename your zune (i changed mine from my name to iPod Killer) you have to repeat steps 4-10. It's easy.
If I need anything else, please tell me. Remember, the games download site is http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/dow...-software.html
I changed the C# download to a direct link, to avoid confusion.