Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Tech. Talk

Tech. Talk Talk about your favorite technology.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Vettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via Skype™ to Vettexl
Default Exclusive Photos: Windows 7

I'll answer any questions if I can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
Lucifer
Zune Guardian

Lucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to behold

Awesome first pics, Darren. Show us some bundled apps, features, shots of the task manager or whatever it has... settings / control panel, anything you find interesting!! I enjoy looking at new stuff so long as its on a computer that can handle it... MINE probably can't...

Old 10-31-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Vettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offer

Old 10-31-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
Kiz
Premium Member
Zune Guardian

Kiz is a glorious beacon of lightKiz is a glorious beacon of lightKiz is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Kiz

I dont know much about Windows 7 yet, although it sounds better than Vista...
I agree with Lucifer, please post more pics Darren, i'm mighty interested, and thanks for the ones already up!

*goes away to google windows 7...*
edit. paint looks cool.. in a weird sorta way..

Old 10-31-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Old 10-31-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
Lucifer
Zune Guardian

Lucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to beholdLucifer is a splendid one to behold

whoa what happened to Paint? lol that looks like by the time Windows 8 comes down the line, MS Paint will be as powerful as the current Photoshop.
Edit: Nice start menu, looks pretty similar to vista though.

Last edited by Lucifer; 10-31-2008 at 11:38 PM.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #7
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Old 10-31-2008, 11:45 PM   #8
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

think you can put together an icon pack when you get a chance please?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #9
Lucifer
Zune Guardian

Again, this looks nice, but so similar, yet mildly different from Vista, vista users will find the migration to probably be easy.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #10
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

So far it looks more like a custom theme for Vista than anything else, but we know that this is an old build so we couldn't expect much more. >_>

Old 11-01-2008, 06:21 AM   #11
Space Toast
Poot on Newts
Lemon Hater
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Space Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant futureSpace Toast has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Space Toast

Windows 7 is a direct build from Vista, with improvements, isn't it?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:31 AM   #12
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

yes as they all have been. Windows 7 is build 6.1 with Vista being 6.0

Where are you getting these pictures from, Darren have you got Windows 7?
How?
Or am i missing something.
Also, i love the look of the new M$ Paint, but its looks so Vista-ish. But i mean cmon Vista is styled very well so nothing wrong there!

Old 11-01-2008, 06:49 AM   #13
Gow
RIP 2007-2011
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Expert Zuner

Gow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Gow Send a message via MSN to Gow Send a message via Skype™ to Gow

So far it breaks down as thus.

2000 slightly better than XP but XP had some new features.

Vista improvement on stability and features but still missing the hardware efficiency of 2000, though it was designed for a computer built from 2006 and on.

Windows 7 continues on Vista with a couple of new features but the hardware efficiency of 2000 on computers built from 2006 and on.

I can already see massive amounts of people continuing to say bad stuff about Vista not to mention the fact that User Access Control is still there.

Lets try to tackle some of these off the bat before they crop up in this thread.

1) User Access Control was a key security feature missing from NT 5 series (2000,XP) and was needed badly. Without it, it gave almost all users Admin privileges which would allow for greater corruption of the system through virii and malware. If you ever go and use OSX, Linux, Solaris, BSD, ** cetera you will run across their equivlent. In Linux it is called Root, which in some distributions like Fedora, OpenSuse, Linux Mint, Foresight and others you will have to sudo or su a command to be able to install stuff to the system. UAC = good thing, so shut it and if you don't like it, shut it off but you take the system's life in your hands.

2) Vista was the birth of NT series 6 and it is upon this groundwork Windows 7 is built. Windows 7 is not, has never been, or ever will be what Microsoft was initially working on for Vista finished. Nope. They took Vista evolved it into Server 2008 took that and evolved it into 7. Operating Systems are an evolution from what comes before. Whether you are dealing with Windows, OSX, Linux, BSD or BeOS.

I did notice in the engadget blurb that they mentioned 7 having a new "low memory usage" Windows Media Player as a quite something to talk about. Apparently they never used 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, etc. Windows MP has always been there and been pretty efficient.

EDIT:

MS not M$, unless Apple quit taking money for their OS...don't, just don't.

Paint has the new ribbon interface from Office 2007. If anyone bothered to use it for a little bit, it becomes easy to move around it and all features are there without having to dig through menus for stuff *cough* OpenOffice *cough*.

Last edited by Gow; 11-01-2008 at 06:52 AM.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #14
the Pl4gue
Super ZunerĀ²

the Pl4gue is a jewel in the roughthe Pl4gue is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge09 View Post

How?
Also, i love the look of the new M$ Paint, but its looks so Vista-ish. But i mean cmon Vista is styled very well so nothing wrong there!
Old builds of Windows 7 are on torrents. The new one a few days ago, I don't think is up yet.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #15
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge09 View Post

How?
Yes, I have Windows 7.

--------------------------------

Here is Windows Media Player 12

Old 11-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #16
Kiz
Premium Member
Zune Guardian

Kiz is a glorious beacon of lightKiz is a glorious beacon of lightKiz is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Kiz

lol, it looks pretty much the same as WMP11! although if it uses less memory and cpu that's surely a good thing

Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Does it?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #18
Cruleworld
Zuner

Cruleworld has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Cruleworld Send a message via MSN to Cruleworld Send a message via Skype™ to Cruleworld

Does the zune software work in it well?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #19
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

I don't know, let me try..

Old 11-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #20
ChurchedAtheist
Super ZunerĀ²

ChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to behold

min sys req?

Closed Thread