Go Back   Zune Boards > General Discussions > The Archives

The Archives Classic threads from more simple times.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
TheAnte
Zewbie

TheAnte is on a distinguished road
Default edit: Unable to update zune firmware

Hello.
I'm a owner of a zune 30gb, which I've been using for a long time. Anyhow I reinstalled Windows XP on my computer some time ago, and my zune software was removed. Now I wish to install the zune software again, in order to add some new songs.

Now that I try to install, the zune software says:

Unexpected error

Setup engine: EndLocalInstall failed

Error code: 0x8000ffff

So what is this about? Been trying to search for it but I don't find anyone with the same problem. It happens in the beginning as soon as I've pressed install. I'm trying to install the latest software (3.0 I think) and what might be special is that I'm trying to install it on a non-english operating system (though I know what to do before install and I've had it working before, but with the disc version of the software)

Any help would be awesome!
Thanks, regards TheAnte

EDIT: Hmm okey activating internet removed the error but brought me another. So you can't install the zune software without internet with the newer version, and with internet on a non-english OS it refuse to install...splendid Microsoft -_-

Can't access Microsoft Update

Can't contact Microsoft Update right now. Please try again later.

Error code: 0x8024402c

EDIT2: Used the guide located in another post here. Worked perfectly installing the software, thanks to the guide maker!

EDIT3: Right...so now I got the software working, but not the zune.I can't fill my zune with stuff before I've updated it, and the software fails to do this (And I'm talking about the firmware), i don't know why. Any help for this would be totally awesome. Thanks.

Last edited by TheAnte; 10-09-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Old problem solved, new problem found

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
kornbikerthormx
Zewbie

kornbikerthormx is on a distinguished road

Same problem but on my 80gb... does it have anything to does with not haven a high speed hub usb port

Old 11-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
defamemyheart
Zewbie

defamemyheart is on a distinguished road

Same issue.

I can't figure out HOW to "enable" my internet. Step-by-step guide for XP users?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
irvken
Zewbie

irvken is on a distinguished road
Default Help!! Can't load Zune either 0x8000ffff

I recently also had to reload windows xp. Now I'm trying to load Zune software and at the begining of loading, I get the following:

Unexpected error

Setup Engine: Endlocalinstall failed

Error Code: 0x000ffff

What's causinf this? What can I do?

Please help.

Thanks

Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
BubbaGump
Banned
Squirt

BubbaGump is on a distinguished road

I fixed it on my pc (it wouldnt install on a fresh install of xp pro sp3) my zune 30gb gave me the same error you guys are getting. I scrolled the entire EULA up and down once, clicked accept. Then I clicked change location, it opened an explorer window to designate a new location for my zune setup, I just clicked ok, then went back to the setup and it worked flawlessly. I hope this helps you guys.

Ryan

Old 12-02-2008, 06:19 AM   #6
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaGump View Post
I fixed it on my pc (it wouldnt install on a fresh install of xp pro sp3) my zune 30gb gave me the same error you guys are getting. I scrolled the entire EULA up and down once, clicked accept. Then I clicked change location, it opened an explorer window to designate a new location for my zune setup, I just clicked ok, then went back to the setup and it worked flawlessly. I hope this helps you guys.

Ryan
Please don't bump old topics. Replies spilt and topic locked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.