Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk

Zune Talk Talk anything related to the Zune.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:37 AM   #1
Johnny
Experienced Zuner

Johnny is on a distinguished road
Default 7 New Zune Colour Combo's

Whilst rooting through the new Zune software (as you do, and more specifically the ZuneShellResources.dll for any adventurous types) I came across the following 5 colours, which I assume are going to come out rather soon (Oh yeah, don't go quoting me on the Black-Backed versions I put here, their filenames are all there, but its hard to tell for certain with front-only shots)

First up, *NOTE* This also comes in Blue/Black along with Blue/Silver, but the front shot looks exactly the same (So no Black squircle trim by the looks of things)
Also, the lighting suggests that this is possibly a MATTE Finish, not a glossy blue finish

*NOTE* Again, This also comes in White/Black along with White/Silver but the front shot looks exactly the same

Red w/Black back

By the looks of it, it seems the Red HDD Zune has a Black Back version aswell know (Well assuming that the REDBLACK file name is anything to go by, but I can't be bothered to get the pic, it looks exactly the same on the frontal shot)

So... whad'ya think?

Last edited by Zombii Matt; 11-14-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-16-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
RoguePlanetoid
Zuner

RoguePlanetoid is on a distinguished road

I thought someone would do this, was going to myself but they look great, the large blue and white Zunes, wonder if they're 120GB or 80GB, as the latter are being phased out? But nice work, these images look better than in the previous software.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
Johnny
Experienced Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoguePlanetoid View Post
But nice work, these images look better than in the previous software.
Dunno, I kinda liked the angled shots from the old Software, all there is in this is front shots, I'd've liked to have seen the colours of the back (I'm just going off File names here, but only one of the Blue's & the Red have black backs by the looks of it, though I can't be sure

I' take a shot and say they're 120 GB's, I doubt there's anything in the software to tell me, but I'll root around...

Last edited by Johnny; 09-16-2008 at 02:57 AM.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:55 AM   #4
daxspark

daxspark will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to daxspark

I wish there was a brown zune in there

Old 09-16-2008, 02:56 AM   #5
stkr
Ars longa, vita brevis
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

stkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant future

The white Zune is much nicer than I thought it would look.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:40 AM   #6
Johnny
Experienced Zuner

Whoops, didn't notice that the White HDD comes in both White/Silver AND White/Black...

*updates*

Damn didn't notice the Red HDD comes with black as well!

*updates*

This black back stuff is all of course assuming that a file name like REDBLACK and WHITEBLACK refers to a black back and not something else, shame there's no angled pics ¬_¬

Last edited by Johnny; 09-16-2008 at 03:50 AM.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #7
blackwood550
Experienced Zuner

blackwood550 is on a distinguished road

I may as well get started on making some white backgrounds for zunes eh?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #8
ACE
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

ACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to ACE

Front paged it!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #9
helluvagood

helluvagood is on a distinguished road

ii prefer the matt finish, the glossy ones look cheap

Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #10
ACE
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

ACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to allACE is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to ACE

Has anyone else found these?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
MattyTM
Squirt

MattyTM is on a distinguished road

I think the white looks awesome. I might sell one of my old zunes for a new one. I'll bet that they all will be glossy. I actually think my red80 looks great in the sunlight, the red just comes out so well. great find.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #12
Johnny
Experienced Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post
Has anyone else found these?
If you want to check for yourself, download this little program : PE Explorer (Don't worry, for some reason the trial never expires ~_~)

Anywho, then go to open, navigate to the Zune Program folder (where its installed) then open the ZuneShellResources.dll

Then from the toolbar bar click the Red/green/blue/yellow Diamond icon (Resource Editor)

Then expand the RC Data section. Contained inside is more-or-less every single image used in the Zune sotware

'Course, you can also edit the actual software this way as well if you have th know-how

Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If you want to check for yourself, download this little program : PE Explorer (Don't worry, for some reason the trial never expires ~_~)

Anywho, then go to open, navigate to the Zune Program folder (where its installed) then open the ZuneShellResources.dll

Then from the toolbar bar click the Red/green/blue/yellow Diamond icon (Resource Editor)

Then expand the RC Data section. Contained inside is more-or-less every single image used in the Zune sotware

'Course, you can also edit the actual software this way as well if you have th know-how
Heh, that's pretty sweet. This PE Explorer sounds like fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
justsanford
Squirt

justsanford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to justsanford

Have they ever thought about making a Silver Zune, for us stainless fans?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
SilentWalrus
Knowledgable Walrus
Support Team
Expert Zuner

SilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to behold

I liked the older Zune30 colors. Those we hard core.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #16
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalrus View Post
I liked the older Zune30 colors. Those we hard core.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #17
blackwood550
Experienced Zuner

blackwood550 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by helluvagood View Post
ii prefer the matt finish, the glossy ones look cheap
they may look cheap but i'll bet they can survive a drop'n'slide across the street with the screen down...my z30 did that 2 weeks ago...headset and all too...when i picked it up (on the other side of the road) it was still playing.

Lemme see an iPod survive that...CONDITION: It must still be playing at the end of the slide and screen side must be down

Old 09-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #18
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsanford View Post
Have they ever thought about making a Silver Zune, for us stainless fans?
definatley i love being blinded by my zune when im drive to school

Old 09-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #19
stkr
Ars longa, vita brevis
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

stkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwood550 View Post
they may look cheap but i'll bet they can survive a drop'n'slide across the street with the screen down...my z30 did that 2 weeks ago...headset and all too...when i picked it up (on the other side of the road) it was still playing.

Lemme see an iPod survive that...CONDITION: It must still be playing at the end of the slide and screen side must be down
Eat iPod

iPod nano: Page 3

And a 'silver' Zune might be cool so long as you mean gray. An actual shiny-metallic front would look really bad .

Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #20
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

The colors, Duke! The colors!

Closed Thread