Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Scatman2009
Experienced Zuner

Scatman2009 is on a distinguished road
Default "An unknown error occurred"

alright, so I put my zune software, as well as all of my songs over to my external earlier. Then, I went to sign in, so I can download some music with the Zune pass and "An unkown error occurred." There was no Error Code.

Am I unable to sign-on because my software is now on my external?
Everything else works fine, I just can't download any more music =/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

Uninstall/Unzoone/redownload/reinstall it.

If that doesnt work, rightclick the zune.exe and goto properties, then compatibility tab and run under compatibility mode for Windows 2000

Old 07-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Scatman2009
Experienced Zuner

idk if this is a stupid question, but where can I get unzoone from?
also, i tried setting the compatibily with windows 2000 nothin happened though.

Also, now i can't play songs. error code C00D11CD

Nevermind I got unzoone. uninstalling etc. now.

Last edited by Scatman2009; 07-22-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

link in my sig.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
Scatman2009
Experienced Zuner

Ahhh thank you soo much.
everything works fine now =]

Old 09-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
pato128
Zewbie

pato128 is on a distinguished road

I tried uninstalling using a different tool (Revo Uninstaller), because unzoone thinks i am not an admin in my computer. I used Revo uninstaller to delete all possible files left by Zune and installed the new version 3.0 of the zune software and no luck!!.
The software does not even process the request for sign in, regardless of what I input it will give me an "unknown error" message .
So far I tried changing cookies set up, fixing and upgrading the DRM, installing and uninstalling the software, upgrading the software to the new 3.0,
Is there anything else left to try?
I was not able to sign up for a month now and I didn't have a problem before that.

Please help!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
pato128
Zewbie

pato128 is on a distinguished road

Update: I installed NET frame 3.5 and didn't work either.

Just in case you ask, everything else works fine, I have access to see the marketplace, mixview sends the info correctly, etc. I do have internet access and i have no problem signing in into my account from the website, but not signing from the software stops me from sending updates to my social and more importantly it is not allowing me to sign in for new podcasts. This is regardless of creating new accounts.

Again, thank you in advance for your help!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
darwinfish
Zewbie

darwinfish is on a distinguished road

im getting the same problem, ive reinstalled 2x.

I cant loggon via the zune software. Everytime i get an unknown error occured. I go to the site for recommended fixes and none work.

iunno whats the problem, its 64bit but doubt that has to do with it.

I just wanna buy some music

Old 09-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
darwinfish
Zewbie

darwinfish is on a distinguished road

also let me note, unzoon doesnt work for 3.0, its only set up for build 2.5

Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
greenbaypackerman
Zewbie

greenbaypackerman is on a distinguished road

im having the same probem as the others and i have tried everything...nothing seems to work, the only thing i could think of is a program or something that we all have on our computers that is blocking us from connecting to the marketplace......i remember not too long ago, a patch that i had installed to use the ps3 controller blocked the zune program all together so i had to get rid of it...

Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #11
greenbaypackerman
Zewbie

greenbaypackerman is on a distinguished road

well it finally pissed me off enough to reformat vista, and now i can sign in great.....im sure you guys prolly aren't willing to go that far to fix this, but i got sick of it

Closed Thread