Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
*BeerWench*
Zewbie

*BeerWench* is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Zune Software on ANCIENT computer? :(

hey guys. i just got my 80gb zune in the mail two days ago. here's my situatuon:

i have an ancient computer from 2003. this computer has NO access to the internet. (right now i'm on my work computer-which is not able to download any applications).

i put the new zune software download from the site onto a hard drive and tried installing it onto my old computer, but of course it doesn't work.

is there any way to make my old, internet-less computer compatible with any zune software ? i hate having this and not being able to put ANYTHING of mine on it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
ChurchedAtheist
Super ZunerĀ²

ChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to behold

hmmm. dl this

no internet needed for install

Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
Man.
Zune Freak

Man. will become famous soon enough

I can't see it working on an ancient pc, the software demands high specs because of all the graphics and animations.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
PoN
Panda-monium!
Premium Member
Super Zuner

PoN will become famous soon enough

well it worked on my old computer like 160 hard drive and 512 ram.. its wasnt bad at all and this was my old old old computer it was 5 years old i believe

Old 06-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Vettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via Skype™ to Vettexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoN View Post
well it worked on my old computer like 160 hard drive and 512 ram.. its wasnt bad at all and this was my old old old computer it was 5 years old i believe
Of course, it will let you know about the GFX but other than that it will run properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
jackluo923
Senior Zuner

jackluo923 has a spectacular aura aboutjackluo923 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to jackluo923

haha.. you call a 5 year old computer ancient? You should've seen my 666mhz intel celeron from 1998 running zune software.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
*BeerWench*
Zewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackluo923 View Post
haha.. you call a 5 year old computer ancient? You should've seen my 666mhz intel celeron from 1998 running zune software.
Yea well, my computer has never EVER been updated, and i'm sure yours has. I want to know if there's a way I can update the computer without losing any of my media files. Since you ran your Zune on a 10 year old computer, what exactly did you do so it ran?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
jackluo923
Senior Zuner

I just downloaded the complete zune software package and ran the installer. I didn't update my computer either.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
*BeerWench*
Zewbie

Quote:
I just downloaded the complete zune software package and ran the installer. I didn't update my computer either.
Is the "complete zune software package" just the Zune version 2.5 download on their site? If so then something else must be up because that's exactly what I did. (If not then please link me to what it is! )

If your system is 10 years old and it works then why does the Zune site state :" SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (Home, Professional, Tablet PC, Media Center Edition 2005) or Windows Vista (all editions)"

Surely your 1998 computer did not come with Windows XP with Service Pack 2...

Old 06-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
jackluo923
Senior Zuner

I installed windows xp with service pack 2 on the 1999 computer.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
*BeerWench*
Zewbie

Quote:
I installed windows xp with service pack 2 on the 1999 computer.
Awesome, thanks. One LAST question and then i promise I will vanish. Will I be able to keep all of my music and videos and everything once installing the windows xp service pack 2?

Closed Thread