Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
kayakityakyak
Zewbie

kayakityakyak is on a distinguished road
Default Transferring zune music library to new computer

Does anyone know how to successfully transfer my Zune music library to a new computer? I know you could just put all the songs and stuff onto my backup hard drive, and then onto my new computer, but most of them are DRMd so i don't think i would be able to play them on my computer, since as far as I know, the DRMd songs from zune marketplace only play on the computer on which they were purchased. Is there anyway to change their 'home' computer so that they would be playable on my new computer? Also, my other concern is that many of my songs that I did not get from zune marketplace don't have proper meta data for the song itself, since I edited the names in zune marketplace. This means that file for the song has a name like 'Track 1' but in zune marketplace the song has its correct name. I think there is like a library metadata file for zune software or something that would allow it to recognize songs by their names, but I don't know where this file would be located or even if there is one. If there is, how do I find it and get zune marketplace to read it on the new computer? And if there isnt one, how do I transfer the metadata for the songs who's metadata is contained in the zune software to my new computer? Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
wyckedcombo17
Experienced Member

wyckedcombo17 will become famous soon enough

if its on your zune right, it should transfer right.

just higlight songs, right click on your new computer and hit transfer to this computer

Old 04-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
Gregory
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Gregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, plug the new computer in and choose guest mode. Then go Device>Music, right on one of the songs and choose select all, then right click and click copy to collection. There is an option in the marketplace settings to delete your old computer, however, the Zune pass can work on 3 computers at once.

Closed Thread