Go Back   Zune Boards > General Discussions > The Archives

The Archives Classic threads from more simple times.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
thresixty

thresixty has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Sex with a Drunk Girl=Rape?

If you had sex with a drunk girl, would that be the same thing as rape? If so, would there EVER be a time where sex with a drunk girl would be appropriate and not rape?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future

Sober guy having sex with a drunk girl is fine in all cases where it's fine for a drunk guy to have sex with a sober girl. Any differing argument is pure sexism

Old 02-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
saline
Senior Zuner

saline has a spectacular aura aboutsaline has a spectacular aura about

Well the girls obviously isn't in the right state of mind to make a "good" decision, so if she wanted to file for rape afterwards she could easily use that for her advantage.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
Dizzy
Joe the Plumber
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Dizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saline View Post
Well the girls obviously isn't in the right state of mind to make a "good" decision, so if she wanted to file for rape afterwards she could easily use that for her advantage.
Well said.
Though it is her fault for putting herself in the situation, it's the guy who's taking advantage of it.

Happens a lot though ; )

Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
; )
hmm... interesting...

Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
saline
Senior Zuner

Yup, good point. Just hand out chastity belts to girls before they go get drunk. It's the new condom.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
asuro
Zune Freak

asuro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to asuro Send a message via MSN to asuro

no its not rape, unless the girl was so drunk she had no idea what was going on and was manipulated to have sex, otherwise no....you cant say that everytime a drunk girl has sex she is raped.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
ChurchedAtheist
Super Zuner²

ChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to behold

just make sure you are drunk too, and then say she raped YOU!

Old 02-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #9
Gow
RIP 2007-2011
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Expert Zuner

Gow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Gow Send a message via MSN to Gow Send a message via Skype™ to Gow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saline View Post
Drunk does not equal unconscious...does it?

Inhibitions disappear with alcohol but not the conscious mind. Unless they passed out.

If so, there would be huge amount of court cases in regards to this...woke up next morning, don't remember the night before with some stranger.

Plus, what is it when a guy's not the right state of mind to make a "good" decision and a girl takes advantage? Can he file for rape afterwards?

Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
ChurchedAtheist
Super Zuner²

ChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to beholdChurchedAtheist is a splendid one to behold

if a girl can, yes, a man can as well. also, many men are fooled into believing physical attraction = consent, meaning just because they had an erection it means they want and consent to sex.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #11
Scrapz616
Super Zuner

Scrapz616 is just really niceScrapz616 is just really niceScrapz616 is just really nice

i dont really think its rape
rape is against their will right?
so even if she is so drunk she can't tell whats goin on,but still agrees to it, its her fault for not taking careful measures before drinking
otherwise I guess it is,
Just my view on it, but i do think taking advantage of a girl in that situation is wrong, i just don't think its rape, i just think it was carelessness and bad choices

Old 02-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

formally rape=without consent. People cannot consent when underage or under the influence, legally.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #13
ChurchedAtheist
Super Zuner²

what if both people are drunk? can it be rape?

Old 02-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #14
jaybee
Experienced Zuner

jaybee is on a distinguished road

If a woman wakes up the next day or minutes after sex she can say that she was raped now there is a burden of proof because the woman has to proof that she at know point wanted to have sex with the man.

I also remember a group of students being told that if the man weighs more than the woman (even if both are drunk) it can be considered rape because he has the physical ability to force her into the act of sex.

Basically as a man be very very careful because just getting accused of rape can change/destroy your life even if she was down for the deed at first she can change her mind at any time and the sh*t can hit the fan.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
ChurchedAtheist
Super Zuner²

I am blessed with being disabled I guess, because I couldn't physically force a 5 y/o to do something, much less a fully grown woman.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #16
saline
Senior Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gow View Post
Drunk does not equal unconscious...does it?

Inhibitions disappear with alcohol but not the conscious mind. Unless they passed out.

If so, there would be huge amount of court cases in regards to this...woke up next morning, don't remember the night before with some stranger.

Plus, what is it when a guy's not the right state of mind to make a "good" decision and a girl takes advantage? Can he file for rape afterwards?
Judgement is still impaired. Why do drunk people do crazy things? Why are they more tolerant to pain? Why do they become aggressive? You cannot deny that alcohol changes behaviors. Not neccessarily to the point of complete loss of judgement, but if the girl wanted to she could use it to her advantage in court if she decided to press charges.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #17
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Um, are we talking about legally or ideally? legally yes, sex with a drunk girl will get you arrested if she reports almost all of the time. Morally is how I thought we were arguing.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #18
mrs. cutiepie

mrs. cutiepie is on a distinguished road

wow, good question. it made me think. well, if she was drunk and some dude had sex with her, i'm pretty sure she could say it was rape and she would win. she could say that it wasn't "real consent" or something. i dunno. she was under the influence and had poor judgement and he took advantage of that. okokok, look

guys: dont have sex with drunk girls. no no! you'll get yourself in lots o' trouble!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
thresixty

thresixty has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Especially sense im black..i would be thrown in jail quicker than a Bugatti Veyron 0-60.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #20
ChurchedAtheist
Super Zuner²

I will have to be drunk as well then

"she raped me"