Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Xbox

Xbox All things Xbox here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
n8dogg4life
Experienced Zuner

n8dogg4life is on a distinguished road
Default Xbox 360 Question(s)

1. Can you rip old xbox games onto the Xbox 360?

and

2. Is there a way to upload videos and music from my zune to a 360?

Any tips and advice would be great because I am thinking of getting one since my brother took his.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
Dizzy
Joe the Plumber
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Dizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Dizzy

1) Only some original xbox games work with the 360. For a list, see this website: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm
Also, there's a new marketplace option called "Xbox Originals" but you have to buy the games over again.

2) You can play though your 360 just by connecting, but you can't get content off you zune and store it on the 360.

Beat you Dragod : p

Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Dragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of light

No, but you can buy a select bunch of games from the Xbox Live Marketplace, including Halo: Combat Evolved and Psychonauts.

And, No, but you can plug your Zune into your 360 through your Sync Cable and listen to it at any time while playing a game, or browsing the dashboard. Alternatively, you can choose to stream your music and videos from your computer to your 360 while they are on the same network. It's quite simple, and saves Hard Drive space on your 360 for those awesome Demos

EDIT: I was more complete though, Dizzy.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Dizzy
Joe the Plumber
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Dizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to allDizzy is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Dizzy

I disagree

I provided the link to all backwards compatible games

Old 01-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Dragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of lightDragod is a glorious beacon of light

You didn't answer his first question, either. He asked if you could rip the game to the hard drive so that you can play it without the disc. You didn't answer the question. Oh, not to mention you didn't answer the second question, either.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
n8dogg4life
Experienced Zuner

n8dogg4life is on a distinguished road

Just to be sure, you can't rip the old games like you could with an orignial softmodded xbox. Where they would be saved on the xbox hardrive and then you can just choose to run the rom.

Or can you rip them on your computer then play them through xbox 360 media center.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
Dragod
The Master Chief
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

No, not without being banned from Xbox Live, that is. If you don't care about online, then I'm sure you could.

Closed Thread