Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Xbox

Xbox All things Xbox here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #21
Federal111

Federal111 is on a distinguished road

I could name a couple of things. First off, like many people said; improve the speed of the xbox overall. I run into a lot of waiting time when loading xbox live things like the marketplace, gamerpics and pulling up the guide sometimes. My disk tray won't eject now and then. Plus better graphics is always good anytime. The sound of the Xbox needs to be silenced, it's extremely loud when watching a movie late at night etc. Another thing needed to be fixed is the format of the disks and the disk reader need to be improved to accommodate larger, better and longer games.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #22
the Pl4gue
Super ZunerĀ²

the Pl4gue is a jewel in the roughthe Pl4gue is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federal111 View Post
I could name a couple of things. First off, like many people said; improve the speed of the xbox overall. I run into a lot of waiting time when loading xbox live things like the marketplace, gamerpics and pulling up the guide sometimes. My disk tray won't eject now and then. Plus better graphics is always good anytime. The sound of the Xbox needs to be silenced, it's extremely loud when watching a movie late at night etc. Another thing needed to be fixed is the format of the disks and the disk reader need to be improved to accommodate larger, better and longer games.
1. The speed of the Xbox has been greatly improved since the last update. Some games take more memory than others, but the 360 has 512 MB of shared RAM.
2. When loading the marketplace, that's Live's fault, not the Xbox itself.
3. The disk tray shows how much they rushed the 360. It could have some fixing up done to it.
4. The Xbox 360 doesn't really MAKE a sound. I heard only defective ones did that.
5. Some games are very long, even with good graphics. e.x. The Darkness. 12-14 hours and great graphics. It's not the format or the space or anything, it's everyone who is putting graphics before gameplay.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #23
Federal111

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanlawliet View Post
1. The speed of the Xbox has been greatly improved since the last update. Some games take more memory than others, but the 360 has 512 MB of shared RAM.
2. When loading the marketplace, that's Live's fault, not the Xbox itself.
3. The disk tray shows how much they rushed the 360. It could have some fixing up done to it.
4. The Xbox 360 doesn't really MAKE a sound. I heard only defective ones did that.
5. Some games are very long, even with good graphics. e.x. The Darkness. 12-14 hours and great graphics. It's not the format or the space or anything, it's everyone who is putting graphics before gameplay.
1. The speed of the 360 is barely constant, sometimes it loads fine, sometimes it doesn't, it takes a bit longer. The N64 had a more constant loading time than the 360
2. Well then someone should fix up the marketplace, I consider live a part of the 360 as much as PSN is part of the PS3
3. The disk try problem starts occurring mostly with older 360's such as the old core system and old premium. But it still manages to happen even with the newer ones which isn't a rush, more of laziness.
4. The Xbox DOES make noise, unless you're blasting your games and movies, then you can't hear it, the fan makes more noise than my 61' rear projection tv. Suggestion, mute your tv and listen to the sounds that your 360 makes on startup, while playing,while reading a disk and while going to the dashboard after playing.
5. I don't refer to loading times of the games, that ******ed all vary, I refer to the time it takes the 360 to read and execute a game.

Don't get me wrong I have and love the 360, I'm just adding things that need improvement

Old 02-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #24
Xenokiller
Zuner

Xenokiller is on a distinguished road

From what I've gathered they didn't fix any of the overheating problems. And if so, only slightly. I know people who have the Falcon Chipset which was supposed to keep the system from overheating and their systems still overheated. Until they completely rebuild the system things wont be truly fixed.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #25
Federal111

Yeah the whole overheating issue is a big fix for the 360 that is needed

Old 02-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #26
the Pl4gue
Super ZunerĀ²

the Pl4gue is a jewel in the roughthe Pl4gue is a jewel in the rough

Well don't forget, every year they make the hardware smaller, like the Cell in the PS3. From 90nm to 65nm to 45nm. The 360 will have the same thing.

It will be faster, cooler, and use less power. It won't break a 360 unless they make the 360 smaller, or if it still has reliability issues(E.X. You bump it while playing a game, or knock it over if it is standing up.)

Closed Thread