Go Back   Zune Boards > General Discussions > The Archives > H&M General Talk > Zune Hacks & Mods

Zune Hacks & Mods All Zune Hacks & Mods will be in here.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
Marshillboy
Pending
Elite Zuner

Marshillboy is a name known to allMarshillboy is a name known to allMarshillboy is a name known to allMarshillboy is a name known to allMarshillboy is a name known to all
Default WMPInfo.xml

Browsing the root drive of my Zune, I noticed a file by the name of WMPInfo.xml. Having researched this file, I have found that WMPInfo.xml represents a partnership between a removable storage device and Windows Media Player, which of course (no big surprise) means that the Zune software is closely related to WMP. What would deleting this file do, if anything? Any ideas?

Contents of WMPInfo.xml:
Code:
<DeviceInfo>
 <WMP DeviceID="{FD6A591F-AC1B-463A-85BE-9B5F6590F6D2}" RelationshipID="{7F4413FF-E6B0-49C4-9AE4-FFBE756F823C}" /> 
 </DeviceInfo>
EDIT: Yay, 75th post = Zuner (finally)!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
SlickDude
Squirt

SlickDude has disabled reputation
Default Re: WMPInfo.xml

---X

Old 01-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Dan39
Zuner

Dan39 has disabled reputation

delete it and see. you can always reboot the system by holding back and up, tho i think that will delete everything you put on it also.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
SlickDude
Squirt

SlickDude has disabled reputation

I just want to set this straight. You didn't acuse me of stealing this exploit from you yet (you may not even know)but I found this about a month ago so i just want to type this before you do. Just check under Completed Hacks and you'll find what I'm talkin' about. But thanks for posting and reminding me about this(I didnt want to post the month I found it I was to lazy).

Old 01-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
DUI_
Retired Staff

DUI_ has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to DUI_

there have been several threads about this.