Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
JRay
Zewbie

JRay is on a distinguished road
Default Error: C00D11CD

Ok, i've read up on all the things this means, the variety of like 10, but im still stuck.

What i did: I downloaded the new update for zune, was an idiot and just kept clicking next and left the zune plugged in. This meant when it was all done and updated, the computer thought the zune was unplugged when it was plugged in.... great. I uninstalled the zune software and re-installed it. The computer now recognizes the zune is there (ok, i thought i was getting somewhere). I go to device and it tells me i need to upgrade the firmware on the zune before continuing, i agree and it gives me this message:

Device Was Not Updated
Error Summary
An unknown error occurred.

Error Code: C00D11CD

I've read this means i have added or changed my library, which i probably did. I did re-organize some pictures that were on my desktop synced to my zune, i do not remember EXACTLY which pics were where, so it is very difficult to put things back the way i THINK they were....

Is there anything i can do? Help! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
Gregory
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Gregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of light

1. Backup your zunes library.
2. Do a hard reset on your zune.
3. Follow the directions on your zunes screen.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Gow
RIP 2007-2011
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Expert Zuner

Gow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Gow Send a message via MSN to Gow Send a message via Skype™ to Gow

Edit: Follow Greg's advice.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
JRay
Zewbie

argh, im such a noob.
Hard reset? Is this just the regular back + up until reset?
Specify (words only really, no pix needed) how to back up library.
Thanks again!

Old 11-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
Gow
RIP 2007-2011
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Expert Zuner

Gow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant futureGow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Gow Send a message via MSN to Gow Send a message via Skype™ to Gow

From Cam's button combination post:

Quote:
Press and hold the back+center+left buttons and the zune will delete everything it has on it, as well as the firmware.

Press and hold the back+center+right buttons and the zune will delete everything on it except the firmware.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Man.
Zune Freak

Man. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
) how to back up library.
Re-sync tracks back to the library, because when you hard reset you will lose everything on the zune.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 AM   #7
JRay
Zewbie

I uninstalled the zune software on my computer and reinstalled it to find all my music is still listed in the library? i plug in the zune (Everything whiped) and i still get the same error message... doh... >.<

Last edited by JRay; 11-19-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
JRay
Zewbie

Any ideas!?

Old 11-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
Gow
RIP 2007-2011
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Expert Zuner

To delete files from the Zune Software music library so it rebuilds its database you have to go to the Application Data>Microsoft>Zune Folder and delete ZuneStore.sdf, also delete 365 something as that is the 1.0 database.

Let it rebuild the database of files in the software.

Now as for the device it is going to require a hard reset if you had not done so already.

Quote:
Press and hold the back+center+left buttons and the zune will delete everything it has on it, as well as the firmware.
Perform that and try the update again. If its still a no go, get on the phone and complain to Microsoft.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
JRay
Zewbie

Time for a phone call.....

Old 11-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
Mitch
Zune Guardian

Mitch has disabled reputation

None of that is at all necessary, just remove everything from the zune software library, but don't delete the content from your hard drive, if you think the problem is the pictures, just delete them, then put them all back in, and resync. The software will then have all the new locations.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #12
JRay
Zewbie

Well, what i've done, is a hard reset on the zune. Nothing on that, no firmware, no music or anything. I go and Install the zune software, after deleting the files mentioned above, it rebuilds my library and nothing, same error.

I tried turning off my external HD (all my music is stored) so there is no music or anything on the library and still won't sync, i'm out of ideas.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
Mitch
Zune Guardian

Mitch has disabled reputation

Is it only certain files or all files? Try syncing like 1 song, which means you have to turn auto sync off.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
mmarkie
Zewbie

mmarkie is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Uninstalling and Reinstalling Zune Software Fixed me...

I experienced the same problem (error code C0011CD), but it only occurred on the video podcasts that were m4v format. I was unable to play them from the Zune software nor could they be synced to my Zune.

I was able to correct the problem buy reinstalling the Zune Software.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #15
Aynjul
Zewbie

Aynjul is on a distinguished road

I get the same error when installing the new software. Not on resyncing.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
zionroad90
Zewbie

zionroad90 is on a distinguished road
Default we're screwed....

that same tragedy has happened to me... i have tried everything and read all kinds of things to try and fix it but it seems my zune is in an lifelong coma...
i have given up and i think you should too jray..
i was enthusiastic about the zune since i hate the ipod and everyone has one but now i regret my choice and and ill buy an ipod instead.
so disapointing zune...

Old 11-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #17
JRay
Zewbie

I really just don't have much time to deal with this.
The problem is when i try update the firmware, so i can't sync anything.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #18
zionroad90
Zewbie

zionroad90 is on a distinguished road

yeah the problem is when you try to update the firmware but the problem is relly much bigger it seems to me... the firmware that were supposed to upgrade is already upgraded but for some reason it wont update.
i think its some kind of virus..
the only thing it could be is that i left the zune charging all night and i think someone logged off my account to another one, i heard thats how you get virus into the zune.. eather way i dont think theres much to do..

Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #19
Cedotal78
Zewbie

Cedotal78 is on a distinguished road
Default Woot This should help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945278

This link was received after an hour phone wait and then an hour conversation. It helped me get my zune error c11d00cd cleared and working.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945278

you can find the services easier if you just use the command prompt and type in
services.msc this will open a screen and you can make sure the necessary microsoft programs are loading on your computer at startup to allow the zune to properly update the software. I hope this helps.

I did a hard boot and then followed the instructions listed at the above web page. I hope this helps.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #20
Cedotal78
Zewbie

Cedotal78 is on a distinguished road

check my post and follow the instructions there it should fix you up.

Closed Thread