Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune Accessories and Review

Zune Accessories and Review Learn about all the hot Zune accessories and leave your reviews!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
jessy
Experienced Zuner

jessy is on a distinguished road
Default 3rd party wall charger

i wanted a wall charger for my zune since i ended up watching a few movies and the battery will die after like little over 3 hours, between 3-4 it stopped.

so i went to my local walmart, they had the zune ac adapter for like $20, then i was looking around for a skin and i saw this i picked it up for $15 i was like sweet i can charger my zune while i watch movies and maybe even another mp3 player i own.

i used it, it works great for my zune, however i think it fried my creative zen stone. its designed for ipod&zune also other mp3 and usb based products such as that... but im not sure what caused my stone to break... i just thought i would point out the coincidence. so, stick with it if you have both ipod & a zune if you need to charge both through a wall outlet.

another product very similar is this

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
PoN
Panda-monium!
Premium Member
Super Zuner

PoN will become famous soon enough

hmm i think its not worth losing warranty. I say just spend the 5 dollars itd be worth it

Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
xploziv
Experienced Zuner

xploziv is on a distinguished road

i was also thinking of buying a 3rd party charger but i dont want to risk getting my zune fried . . .

Old 07-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
aazln
Zewbie

aazln is on a distinguished road

I use third party items all the time, especially for my camcorder; batteries, chargers, etc. I got a $2 usb-ac adapter and a FM transmitter off of ebay for my zune and both have worked fine for me.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Mrtacobell

Mrtacobell is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'd rather spend $5 dollars more...i dont want to risk it getting fried

Old 08-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
stevenjchang
Jr. Zuner

stevenjchang is on a distinguished road

just to note my experience (dont blame me if something goes wrong)

i own a zune, a creative zen v, and i sold my ipod nano.

the creative zen cannot be used with a generic usb charger unless you change the voltage (i forget the details), but it requires more voltage not less, so it shouldnt have fried it, but it def does not work with any other charger other than creative ones.

i had two usb chargers for my nano, one for the wall and one for the car. both are usb chargers and require me to plug in the ipod stock usb cable to charge. when i got the zune, i tried to use the same charger.

with the wall usb charger, it worked. i use the zune usb cable and it works fine.
with the car charger however, it did not work, i ended up buying a genuine zune car charger on ebay for real cheap (1 dollar, 7 dollars shipped)

Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
revolver183

revolver183 is on a distinguished road

Yeah i just use my old iPod charger cuz i got it for cheap and it's practically the same thingery-doo

Closed Thread