Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune Accessories and Review

Zune Accessories and Review Learn about all the hot Zune accessories and leave your reviews!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Blank1268
Experienced Member

Blank1268 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blank1268 Send a message via MSN to Blank1268 Send a message via Yahoo to Blank1268 Send a message via Skype™ to Blank1268
Default Altec Lansing Launches inMotion iM414V2 Music Dock Designed for Zune HD and Zune

Altec has just launched the InMotion iM414V2 Music Dock, This is the one of the few portable music dock's designed for the ZuneHD and the Zune. It supports the Zune's HD radio, and it also supports something called audio alignment which is supposed to create the best possible music experience for it's listener. It will run on either a AC power cable or on batteries. When plugged into the AC charger it will also charge your ZuneHD. Altec Lansing is known for putting out very good products and I think I am going to find myself buying this device. They are always easy to carry around (When they are meant to be carried). In the package you get a remote, AC wall plug, and speaker system. You can get this InMotion package for $99.95. For more information please visit InMotion iM414v2

Last edited by Zombii Matt; 12-03-2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: fixed spelling and grammar and substituted photobucket links with tinypic links

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Creative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Creative Zune Send a message via MSN to Creative Zune

A sexy device needs a sexy dock.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

good find and nice article
Front Paged

Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future

Looks neat, although I find it funny that it has an FM radio built in. I mean usually you can just plug in your Zune and use its HD radio, guess you might not always have it, but it's still sorta redundant. Oh well, it's not like a radio is expensive, you can buy one for like a buck.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #5
turdbogls

turdbogls is on a distinguished road

Looks nice...if i didn't already have my AV dock hooked up to my stereo i would be all over this. still wish they would have followed the Zune HD's design a little bit...but that is just me nit-picking at what looks to be an awesome accessory.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Madrock
Zuner

Madrock is on a distinguished road

ya i have the older one and it dose not work with my ZuneHD but it works great and the batteries life is really good just don,t turn it up all the way the batteries can,t take the power strain

Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
Blank1268
Experienced Member

Send a message via AIM to Blank1268 Send a message via MSN to Blank1268 Send a message via Yahoo to Blank1268 Send a message via Skype™ to Blank1268

Like I said I might end up buying one for myself. I have my Zune dock hooked up to my surround sound system through my mixing board and my electronic drum kit and it works fine. But right now I can't get to my room so I would really like to be able to listen to music without the headphones well I am stuck on my couch.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
bratboy
Experienced Zuner

bratboy is on a distinguished road

I have an older model I bought to go with my Sansa and its not bad. Unfortunatly what I want is a clock base/dock so I can use it as my alarm clock as well. Hopefully someone will put one out soon

Old 12-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

I think the only difference in this and the old one is the zHD support. lol. it looks exactly the same, and i like it. its very sexy

Old 12-05-2009, 05:41 AM   #10
9teen90nine
Squirt

9teen90nine is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to 9teen90nine

Remote isn't cool or sexy. I like the Microsoft's dock connected to my 1 KWt home 5.1 system. Looks tiny, but the sound blasts=)

Old 12-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
caleblargo
Squirt

caleblargo is on a distinguished road

it definitely looks nice, but i have the v1 of this dock and the sound quality actually is just so-so. on loud stuff you might hear fuzz, and it doesn't go very loud either which is quite frustrating. it seems like my zune always locks up when it's docked on the dock. had that happen to 2 zunes. so it's not the best altec lansing dock out there and i wish they'd make a better one. i really want the old big one back! that thing was awesome!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 03:56 AM   #12
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996
Unhappy

:2cents:
This isn't really different from the other Zune Dock they made. I didn't like that one too much at all! I like my iHome Dock for Zune better.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:14 AM   #13
dsharp75
Squirt

dsharp75 has disabled reputation
Exclamation Better this time around?

Hopefully they get this obvious copy of the old version's docking and sound right. The first one like this had to be docked in a certain sequence or it wouldn't perform as expected and it's sound quality was only suitable for quiet environment like an office because you really didn't get any volume until about 25 at which it starts distorting horribly. Sorry, but rhe original (and oddly enough the most prevalent - i can still find these at best buy and the occasion target) was the worst Zune speaker dock period. EVERY other dock is better than the original Im414. Again, let's hope they don't just upgrade the firmware of the im414, call it the im414v2 and sell it. If they do, remember you were warned.......

Old 12-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #14
Blank1268
Experienced Member

I think they updated more then the firmware, It should be a good dock this time around. I have faith that they learned from there mistake last time and fixed it.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
Taboo
Zune Guardian

Location: I think I'll go to Boston. Think I'll start a new life.
Taboo is on a distinguished road

I don't know. I wasnt super happy with the old one but it is fine quality sound and it works so...

The one thing that I really hated was that there was no plate for fitting in the bigger zunes snuggly, which made it hard to get it plugged in sometimes.

Edit: now that I look at the pictures it doesnt appear that this is the case. That is a dissapointment

Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
J2800
sig parvis magna
Retired Staff
Zune Lord

J2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to all

$100? Eh, I'll pass >.>

Old 12-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #17
Gatapi
Experienced Zuner

Gatapi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Gatapi

Wow. that kinda pisses me off actually. I'd have to buy a new one just for my zune to work on it? I have the first version of it, but i don't wanna spend another $100. They should offer a discount of some sort for people that have the old one..

Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
mjrusso45
Zewbie

mjrusso45 is on a distinguished road

How about creating a firmware update to make the old one work for all us schmucks with the v1 of this thing?

Old 12-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
Ricardo Dawkins
Experienced Member

Ricardo Dawkins will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ricardo Dawkins

Review: http://www.mobilitysite.com/2009/12/...2-for-zune-hd/

Closed Thread