Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune Accessories and Review

Zune Accessories and Review Learn about all the hot Zune accessories and leave your reviews!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
Dougiebaby

Dougiebaby is on a distinguished road
Default 1 Crystal case + 1 Silicon case = 1 Review

I received both the Zuneone.net Crystal case and Silicon case for my zune 8 courtesy of zunecentives

First the Silicon...

It comes with the silicon sleeve, wrist band, belt clip and armband. Originally, I orded the black silicon case but received a clear one so I was initially dissapointed. But now that I have it, I am actually happier. Not only does it allow the red front of my zune to show through, but also the back (especially important for those with zune originals on the back).

The armband works perfectly, the belt clip is just "OK," and the silicon is thin enough that you can place it in the zune dock no problem.

Now, the Crystal...

It comes with the crystal case, belt clip, lanyard (that is much longer than a the wristband that comes with the silicon case -- you literally could put us it to make a "zune necklace"). While this picture make my case look scratched up -- it actually is "crystal clear." For some reason, the crystal case is difficult to photograph.

Of course, the true benefit of the crystal case is that it allows the beauty of the back and front of the zune to show through crystal clear

It does add a little more thickness to the zune and does not allow it to attach to the zune dock -- so you must take it out of the case to mount

All in all, I love both cases -- they both are terrific. And both have advantages/disadvantages vs. the other. The crystal case looks better and has better protection. Also, it slides in and out of your pocket easily whereas the grippier silicon does not. The silicon is thinner so it can attach to the zune dock and the armband feature is very useful (for active wear).

If I could only pick one, I would probably pick the silicon for the armband feature (I run and bicycle with my zune). And if you can get both, I highly recommend it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
Robb4248
Zune Freak

Robb4248 will become famous soon enough

I just received the silicon case yesterday I love it... feels good in my pocket, stays put in my car, and the screen protector helps hide the large crack in the glass of my Zune

Old 06-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Luna
Experienced Zuner

Luna is on a distinguished road

Awesome ! It looks great in both of them, although I prefer the crystal case.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
dabeastofdamusic
Experienced Zuner

dabeastofdamusic is on a distinguished road

Thats awsome i just got a new case for my 30 gig and it looks just like the crystal case. i had one just lie it before it but it was 2 years old so i got a new one. but the crystal cases last forever.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
ShotgunSnipist
Experienced Member

ShotgunSnipist has a spectacular aura aboutShotgunSnipist has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to ShotgunSnipist

My question is how the hell do you use the screen protector?
I had peeled off the plastic stuff and put it on. (and it was so ugly i tore it off immediately)
Then I decided to put the actual piece of plastic over the screen and it works perfectly!
Is that what its for?
Cause it sure as hell seems like it.
lol

Old 06-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
dabeastofdamusic
Experienced Zuner

dabeastofdamusic is on a distinguished road

yes that is how it works i believe. but there are ones where the thin sheete of plastic sticks on it.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #7
Soccerfreak24
Expert Zuner

Soccerfreak24 is just really niceSoccerfreak24 is just really niceSoccerfreak24 is just really nice

Nice review! I too prefer silicone after trying them both.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
runtohell121
*disappeared*
Zune Priest

runtohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to runtohell121

looks pretty nice review nice pictures lol

Old 06-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #9
Gregory
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Gregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of lightGregory is a glorious beacon of light

Peel off the plastic stuff, then slide the protector under the silicone. The hard plastic is the protector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunSnipist View Post
My question is how the hell do you use the screen protector?
I had peeled off the plastic stuff and put it on. (and it was so ugly i tore it off immediately)
Then I decided to put the actual piece of plastic over the screen and it works perfectly!
Is that what its for?
Cause it sure as hell seems like it.
lol

Old 06-23-2008, 06:03 AM   #10
logitech
Zuner

logitech is on a distinguished road

wow thanks so much, i was wondering if the silicon case or the hard case would be best, finally someone with both wrote a review! thanks for comparing them =D

Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
skubz
Squirt

skubz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skubz

You said you'd have to take the Zune out of the crystal case to put it in the dock... my question is, how quick is it to take it out and do you think prolonging this would damage the case? (from regular wear on the parts)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #12
LyLy
Zewbie

LyLy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review.

I have a question about the crystal case.
Is it a 'perfect fit' kind of case, or is there some room for the Zune to move around a bit. And will the contact of hard + hard surface of both case and Zune eventually, gradually, create scratches?

Closed Thread