Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future
Default MWC: Nokia 610 pictured leaked/Pureview 808 news

MWC is to set sail tomorrow morning, with a Nokia keynote at 8:30am. It's hopefully going to be a really exciting event and a lot of new devices and information we have yet to learn about will be revealed, hopefully to everyone's taste.

We already know Nokia will be officially releasing the global 900, the successor to the award-winning 800, but there has been speculation of another, the 610. It will be Nokia's first real "budget" Windows Phone 7 device, probably running a Tango variant. The device will include a rumoured 5 megapixel camera and a 3.2 inch screen.

There is also speculation of what seems to be a feature phone, the PureView 808 which has been rumored recently. Nokia released a teaser video which stressed this new idea.

I really can't wait to see what Nokia has in store for the US market and Windows Phone 7. The 900 will blow your mind, the 610 won't blow your pocket, and it seems the 808 will blow 8mp cameras out of the water. Let's just sit back and watch. Your move, Nokia.

[pocketnow.com]
[pcmag.com]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

I'm...not sure if I understand the purpose of the 610. By the specs I don't think it's even coming to America, that's the only thing that makes sense. Right now you can get the 710 for free if you wait and look for deals, and only $200 off contract. Most people around here are happy to buy on contract though, so a cheaper phone off contract with those low specs doesn't seem appealing.

So yeah, my bet is that it goes to places like China to compete with the ZTE Tania and such.

Oh, here's an official video for it:

And one for the 808:

Very interesting, I didn't know it was scaling down to 5 MP from 41 MP. It's like FSAA for a camera instead of a game.

At the moment it would seem I am right and wrong about the 610; the only price given so far is in Euros. So, maybe not China, but not the US either. :v And if you didn't notice, the 808 is on Symbian, not WP7. Odd, but I think it's the testbed. They're working out the big details now on a system they understand well in order to make a Windows Phone port easier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Locke; 02-27-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
B777Forever
Ignorance is my friend :3

B777Forever will become famous soon enough

Looks pretty ugly for a Nokia phone

Closed Thread