Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future
Default Skype Beta released

It's been over a year since Microsoft bought the Skype and we haven't seen a Skype app in all that time. I'm quite surprised it's taken this long but finally we see some progress, although still not as far along as we want it to be.

Yesterday, coinciding with Mobile World Congress Microsoft released a Beta version of the Skype app. The app is only version 0.2.0 at the moment so that shows you how far it needs to go before being fully released, but it seems it may never be released at all. What I mean is is that it's being rumoured to be included in Apollo, the next release of Windows Phone 7. The app will be integrated into the calling feature I presume, streamlining the app to create better functionality. That said, it seems the app may be released in April, citing that Apollo will be out then? We'll see.

The newly minted app has video, chat and call capabilities. As for the app’s stability, word is it runs pretty smoothly. We’ll have to wait for the full fledged app to come out as a true 1.0 version, but at least we have a good idea of the Skype goodness to carry us over until that full release comes out.

[zunited.net]

[blogs.technet.com]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about

Finally!
A major thing WP7 lacked!

Closed Thread