Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold
Default Check out these fan-made WP7 ads

Windows Phone has had some nice TV ads from time to time, like the early live tile ads direct from Microsoft and the new Lumia 710 ones from Nokia. Official videos aren't the only polished presentations of the features WP7 has to offer though, some fans have stepped into the mix.

Brandon Foy made two ads, pre-Mango (though shortly after its announcement, I believe), designed to showcase WP7. The phones are generic templates, similar to the one from this article, but the live tiles and apps are the focus of these ads. Here's the first.

The opening bit makes me think of Daft Punk, with the style and lighting. It proceeds to flash through a variety of tiles and apps at breakneck speed. It seems more geared to showcasing the fresh style of WP7 that's distinctly different from other smartphone offerings, rather than the technical aspects someone like myself would be interested in. It's certainly pretty though, and would benefit from modern stylish phones like the Lumia 900 dancing about. For an ad based on pure style appeal it's sure a lot more appealing than the old iPod silhouette ads, wouldn't you say? Style is all personal opinion, but personally, I never cared for them. Now then, here's our second video.

This one is much longer and slows down a little to let you get a handle on what's going on. There's a lot of focus on the screens of the phones this time around, so I think if this were to be redone to truly show off the modern capabilities of Windows Phone, an HTC Titan II would look nice. The little 7 written in domino phones was a nice touch. It would be great with the full line of phones on display. Even cooler, the uploader promised to get this ad on TV should the views reach 200K. It's about 55K short, and the video is a tad dated so I don't know if the offer still stands, but it would be great to see some fan work on the airwaves, don't you think?

I'll leave you with this last video. It's not fan-made, but it's by a Japanese carrier so the chances you've seen this on TV are pretty slim, and it's a slick piece of work. Enjoy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

Man, why does MS keep using those crappy commercials and not some of this stuff?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
cris178
Zewbie

cris178 is on a distinguished road
Default Microsoft actually hired the guy from the we heart wp7

but i think they placed him on windows 8 marketing

Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris178 View Post
but i think they placed him on windows 8 marketing
Seems they did. I checked out his website before posting this and didn't see any mention of Microsoft, but looking on Google it seems he did get hired as a UX designer.

Closed Thread