Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold
Default Free music from the Zune Marketplace

You like free music, right? Of course you do, everyone likes free music! From time to time, the Zune Marketplace will offer free songs, albums, or TV shows for usually short periods of time. The purpose of these deals is to aid in music discovery, the focus of the Marketplace and Zune software, with the Zune Pass giving an all-you-can-eat subscription to the Marketplace, and with tools like Mixview to help explore music based on what you already like. These free deals are rarely advertised hard, but news will spread through official outlets and sites like us. The free album on the menu today is by a band called Gentlemen Hall.

The album available for free is When We All Disappear, Gentlemen Hall's latest album. Gentlemen Hall is an electropop band from Boston that, despite not being signed, has managed to get some attention and awards, such as the VMA for "Best Breakout Boston Artist." I did give it a download but I can't comment on the quality myself as my kind of music is far harsher and more technically inclined (remember those album reviews I did years ago?), whereas Gentlemen Hall is more easy listening and radio-friendly. It's alright, but not really for me. And that's okay. Like I said, the purpose of this is music discovery, so go give it a download and discover if it's the right kind of music for you. You can view it on the website end of the Marketplace here, or open the Zune software directly here. I don't think it's necessary, but I'd recommend using Internet Explorer to open that latter link just to make sure the software launches properly. You can also check out this video featuring a behind the scenes video of the making of the music video for "Gravity Will Break Our Bones," the lead track in this album, which makes for a nice showcase of Windows Phone as well. You can also grab 5 free ringtones taken from songs in the album with the Insider app if you act fast. Act fast indeed, because this album will cease to be free tomorrow!

[Windows Phone Blog]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Locke; 01-30-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

hmm they aren't that bad. Thanks for the news!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

I will have to check it out, thanks for the info and please keep us updated on all the free offers.

Closed Thread